APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021
APPSC has released revised APPSC Group 2 syllabus 2021 with few changes in exam pattern and selection process. Now, there is no interviews for APPSC group 2 posts.
AP government has made significant changes in APPSC group 2 selection process. The new system, wherein only single or two (prelims and mains) objective type written exams would be conducted for all APPSC group 2 vacancies.
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021 pdf download – Click here
What’s new in APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021:
- Interview for all APPSC group 2 vacancies has been abolished.
- APPSC also thinking possibilities to scraps main exam, where single exam is more than enough for recruitment of Group II vacancies.
According to APPSC Group 2 notification 2021, the selection process further simplified by scraping interviews. Andhra Pradesh Government scraps interview for APPSC group 2 vacancies. Selected candidates in written exams will be short-listed for the final certificates verification based on the marks scored in the APPSC group 2 exam 2021.
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021 for screening test/prelims exam follows as:
- General Studies and Mental Ability
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh & Indian Constitution
- Planning and Economy
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus for mains exam follows as:
General Studies & Mental Ability
I. Social History of Andhra Pradesh – the history of various social and Cultural Movements in AP.
II. General overview of the Indian Constitution
Planning in India and Indian Economy Contemporary problems and Developments in Rural Society with special reference to Andhra Pradesh.
APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2021
APPSC Group 2 Prelims Exam Pattern
|1||General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150|
|2||Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh & Indian Constitution|
|3||Planning and Economy|
APPSC Group 2 Mains Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||General Studies and Mental Ability||150||150|
|Paper 3|| Planning in India and Indian Economy, Contemporary Problems and|
Developments in Rural Society with Special Reference to Andhra Pradesh.
Check below for section and topic wise syllabus for APPSC Group 2 exam 2021:
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021 – Prelims Exam
The APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021 for prelims exam consists of 3 subjects – General Studies & Mental Ability, Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh & Indian Constitution, and Planning and Economy for 150 marks.
APPSC Group 2 Prelims exam will be conducted in offline mode, where candidates will have to complete it in 150 minutes. 150 objective questions will be given for 150 marks. There is negative marking of 1/3 for each wrong will be deducted from the final score.
APPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus 2021
Check below for topic wise APPSC Group 2 Prelims Syllabus 2021:
- Culture and Governance
- Issues of National and International importance in politics
Constitution of India with emphasis on Federalism
- Administration and Legislative relations between Union and State Governments
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Fundamental duties
- Fundamental Rights
- Judicial Review
- Local Government
- Scheduled and Tribal Area Administration
- Union and State Governments
- Union and State Legislature
Economic Development of India
- Development Plans and Economic and Industrial Policies of Independent India.
- Economic disparities between regions and population categories
- Economy in Medieval India
- Labour Policies of Union and State Governments.
- Pre-Independence Indian economy
- Role of Agriculture and Green Revolution in India.
APPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus 2021
The APPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus 2021 consists of 3 papers, where each paper equally carries 150 questions for 150 marks. The time duration for each paper is 150 minutes. There will be 1/3 marks to be deducted for each wrong answer in the main exam.
Note: APPSC planning to abolish APPSC group II mains exam 2021 to simply the selection process further.
Check below for detailed syllabus for APPSC group 2 main exam:
Paper-I: General Studies and Mental Ability
- Bifurcation of AP and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and legal problems
- Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
- Current affairs-international, national and regional
- Data Analysis
- Disaster management
- Economic development in India since independence
- Events of national and international importance
- General Science and it applications to the day to day life
- Geography of India with focus on AP
- Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives
- Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation
- Social-economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement
- Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
Paper-II: Section I – Social & Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
- Advent of Europeans
- Events leading to the formation of Andhra Pradesh state
- Origin and growth of Andhra movement
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
- Various kingdoms that ruled Andhra Pradesh between 11th and 16th centuries A.D
Paper-II: Section II – General Overview of Indian Constitution
- Amendment Process to the Constitution
- Center – State relations – Need for Reforms
- Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States
- Indian Political Parties – National, Regional
- Nature of the Indian Constitution
- Structure and functions of Indian Government
- Welfare Mechanisms in India
Paper-III: Planning in India and Indian Economy
- Availability of Natural resources and Development
- Indian Economic Policies
- Meaning and Measurements of Growth
- Money, Banking and Public Finance
- National Income
- Planning in Indian Economy and present states
Economy of Andhra Pradesh
- Contribution of agriculture to income and employment in AP
- Economic policies of A.P including industrial and implementation and mission based development state Government
- Five years plans of Andhra Pradesh
- Industries in AP
- Service sectors of Andhra Pradesh
- Socio-Economic welfare Programmes of AP Government
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQ
What is APPSC Group 2 syllabus for prelims exam?
APPSC Group 2 syllabus for prelims exam comprises three well known subjects – General Studies & Mental Ability, Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh & Indian Constitution and Planning and Economy for 150 marks.
What is APPSC Group 2 syllabus for mains exam?
APPSC Group 2 syllabus for mains exam comprises 3 papers for 150 marks. Check above to get detailed APPSC group 2 mains syllabus for paper 1, 2 and 2 subjects.
Is there interview for APPSC Group 2?
There will be no interview for APPSC Group 2 posts. Recently, AP government has abolished interviews for all posts.
What is marking scheme in APPSC Group 2 exam?
1 mark added for right answer and 1/3 marks deducted for wrong answer. This marking scheme is applicable for both APPSC Group 2 prelims and mains exams.
What is APPSC Group 2 exam pattern?
APPSC Group 2 exam pattern is different for prelims and mains online tests. Prelims exam will be conducted for 150 marks while mains exam will be held for 450 marks.