CCMT 2020 GATE counselling – Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan admissions takes place through CCMT 2020. GATE counselling schedule released for the admission into M.Tech./M.Arch./M Plan programs, where the candidates need to register based on their qualifying status and scores in the GATE exam. Candidates should have valid GATE scorecard to appear for CCMT counselling.
Following are the detailed CCMT 2020 eligibility criteria for the admissions through centralized counselling :
- The candidates should have a valid gate score for the year 2018/2019 or 2020
- In the qualifying degree, the candidates should have secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or 60% for OC/OB candidates. SC/ST/PwD candidates should have scored 6.0 CGPA (on a 10 point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST/PwD candidates. The CGPA/Percentage should have been awarded by a recognized University/Institute.
- In case the result of the counselling is awaited, the candidates will be given provisional admissions and they will have to fulfill the requirements by September, 2020. The candidates should also have completed their qualifying exam latest by July, 2020.
- Conversion from CGPA to the percentage or vice versa given by individual institute/university will not be considered/allowed.
- Every program will have their own special eligibility criteria.
CCMT 2020 Important Dates
The following table shows the important dates of CCMT 2020 for registration.
|Advertisement||March 26, 2020|
|Availability of CCMT 2020 website||March 26, 2020|
|Start of Online Application||April 3, 2020|
|Final Date Registration and Payment of Application Fee||May 10, 2020 (11.59 pm)|
|Last Date for Choice Filling||May 14, 2020 (11.59 pm)|
|Locking of Filled Choices||May 8 to 14, 2020 (11.59 pm)|
|Seat Allotment ? Round 1||May 19, 2020|
|Seat Allotment – Round 2||May 28, 2020|
|Seat Allotment – Round 3||June 10, 2020|
|Payment of Provisional Admission Confirmation Fee||June 15 to 22, 2020|
|Registration for National Spot Round (NSR)||July 4 to 16, 2020|
|Last Date for Choice Filling (NSR)||July 20, 2020|
|National Spot Round||July 22, 2020|
- The advertisement for the GATE CCMT 2020 counselling will be available from last week of March, 2020
- Online registration and choice filling to begin in the first week of April
- Round 1 seat allotment will take place in the third week of May 2020
- Round 2 seat allotment will take place in the fourth week of May 2020
- And Round 3 seat allotment will take place in 2nd week of June 2020
CCMT 2020 Counselling Process
Following are the 5 steps for CCMT counselling the candidate needs to follow:
- Online registration
- Seat allotment
- Payment of seat acceptance fee
- Reporting at the center
- Payment of seat confirmation fee, then reporting and paying balance fee at the institute.
Let us look at the steps to follow in CCMT 2020 counselling:
Online registration, choice filling and locking of choices is the initial step for CCMT 2020 counselling. In the registration process all the candidates who are eligible for counselling need to register for the counseling. This is the first step of counselling. After the registration, the candidates are required to pay registration fee for the counselling.
After the national spot round, 3 rounds of counselling are held. The candidates are allotted seats as per their rank in the merit list, their preferred colleges and courses and the availability of seats in those colleges/courses. The list of the selected candidates will be available online and no separate list for seat allotment will be shared. The candidates need to download the allotment letter from the online procedure and pay a fee of Rs 20,000 for accepting the seat.
After registration, the candidates need to undergo following steps for admissions.
Filling the application form: The candidates had to submit their personal information (parent’s name, date of birth, gender, nationality and more, academic qualification details and bank related information.
Uploading of the GATE score card: Next the candidates need to upload the scorecard which could be GIF/PNG/JPG/JPEG/BMP format and the size of the file should be in the range of 50-200 KB.
Submission of application form: Before submission, the candidates will have to generate their password. After the password is confirmed, the candidates will be directed to the review page. The candidates will be able to correct any information while reviewing. After submission, the candidates are required to pay the application fee. A unique registration number will be generated for the candidates after submission.
Payment of application fee: After the application form is successfully submitted, the candidate will have to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs 2,200 for OC/BC and Rs 1,700 for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The payment can be done through the online process which could be net banking/debit card/credit card.
Filling of the choices
The candidates will have to fill their preferred choices of institutes and courses. The candidates can change, reorder and deletion is allowed during the choice filling period. After locking the changes, the candidates will not able to edit their choices. A print out of the registration and locked choices will have to be taken for future use.
Process at the reporting center
The candidate will be required to reports at the nearest center for the verification of documents and select the options during the reporting period:
- Floating – Waiting for higher preferred choices across the institutes in the further rounds of allotment.
- Sliding – Considering for allotment in higher preferred choices within the institute during further rounds of allotment.
- Freezing – Satisfied with his/her allotted seat and confirms admission.
A candidate can select the option as per his/her requirement. After this the candidate needs to provide the documents for verification and after successful verification of the documents “a document verification certificate” will be issued. The candidate will be required to submit the below mentioned documents along with attested copy of documents.
- Print out of the registration form and choice filling
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Photo ID proof
- Proof of payment of seat acceptance fee
- GATE Score Card (self-attested copy)
- Birth certificate or 10th standard certificate as proof of age
- 12th standard mark sheet
- Mark sheet of qualifying exam for all semesters
- Degree/Provisional certificate (if degree is completed)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Migration certificate of last institute attended
- Three color passport size photographs
- Transfer certificate from the head of institution last attended
- Conduct certificate from the head of institution last attended
- Course completion certificate from the head of institution last attended
After the successful verification of the documents, the candidate needs to report to the allotted institute and pay the remaining fee and confirm their admission. In case candidates fail to complete the formalities before the due date, their admission will be cancelled.
Following are the instructions the candidate needs to follow for seat allotment:
- Seat allotment is based on the merit list and the availability of seats as per the filled choices at the college.
- Merit list for admissions will be prepared as per the GATE score obtained by the candidate.
- In case there is a tie in the score, the tie breaker will between the candidates will be achieved using the tie breaker approach through various preferences given in the admission brochure of the exam.
There are a wide number of colleges participating in the counselling which includes the top colleges across India. The participating institutes include NITs, IITs, or other CFTIs and many programs as per the availability and choices through single application. One should go through the list of participating colleges from the prospectus. One can also look at the cutoffs for the last year and prepare accordingly.
CCMT Participating Institutes 2020
|Institute Code and Name||Institute Code||Website||Seat Intake|
|Dr.B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar||201||nitj.ac.in||244|
|Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur||202||mnit.ac.in||434|
|Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal||203||manit.ac.in||522|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad||204||mnnit.ac.in||475|
|National Institute of Technology Agartala||205||nita.ac.in||252|
|National Institute of Technology Calicut||206||nitc.ac.in||443|
|National Institute of Technology Delhi||207||nitdelhi.ac.in||45|
|National Institute of Technology Durgapur||208||nitdgp.ac.in||324|
|National Institute of Technology Goa||209||nitgoa.ac.in||54|
|National Institute of Technology Hamirpur||210||nith.ac.in||270|
|National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal||211||nitk.ac.in||554|
|National Institute of Technology Meghalaya||212||nitmeghalaya.in||75|
|National Institute of Technology Nagaland||213||nitnagaland.ac.in||60|
|National Institute of Technology Patna||214||nitp.ac.in||391|
|National Institute of Technology Puducherry||215||nitpy.ac.in||15|
|National Institute of Technology Raipur||216||nitrr.ac.in||115|
|National Institute of Technology Sikkim||217||nitsikkim.ac.in||24|
|National Institute of Technology Arunachal Pradesh||218||nitap.in||120|
|National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur||219||nitjsr.ac.in||256|
|National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra||220||nitkkr.ac.in||458|
|National Institute of Technology, Manipur||221||nitmanipur.ac.in||75|
|National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||222||nitrkl.ac.in||586|
|National Institute of Technology, Silchar||223||nits.ac.in||250|
|National Institute of Technology, Srinagar||224||nitsri.ac.in||163|
|National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||225||nitt.edu||544|
|National Institute of Technology, Warangal||226||nitw.ac.in||550|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat||227||svnit.ac.in||340|
|Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur||228||vnit.ac.in||394|
|National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand||229||nituk.ac.in||75|
|National Institute of Technology Mizoram||230||nitmz.ac.in||30|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad||302||iiita.ac.in||139|
|National Institute of Foundry & Forge Technology, Ranchi||402||nifft.ac.in||112|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology||403||sliet.ac.in||162|
|School of Planning & Architecture: Vijayawada||404||spav.ac.in||42|
|IIEST Shibpur , District Howrah||405||iiests.ac.in||304|
|PEC University of Technology,Chandigarh||407||pec.ac.in||226|