Fraction Simplifier: Simplify Fractions Calculator is an online tool for simplifying fractions. Simplify Fractions Calculator is a tool which takes a fraction and simplifies it. Here we have to find the Highest Common Factor of both Numerators and Denominators and then Cancel both with that factor and find the lowest form of that fraction.
Fraction Simplifier: Simplifying Fractions Calculator
- Simplify Fractions
- Adding Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions
- Subtracting Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
- Proper Fractions
- Improper Fractions
- Mixed Fractions
- Like Fractions
- Unlike Fractions
- Fraction Calculator
- Fraction Simplifier
- Mixed Fraction Calculator
- Convert Fraction to Decimal
- Convert Decimal to Fraction
How to Use Simplify Fractions Calculator
We use the greatest common factor (GCF) method to simplify fractions. This method is also known as euclidean algorithm. Until finding the greatest divisor of numerator and denominator of fraction we keep on calculating. When the divisor found, we show the simplified fractions with these divisors.
Steps for simplifying fractions calculator:
- Select simple fraction or mixed fraction simplifier tabs.
- Enter values and click on the calculate button.
- Next, check simplified fraction result.
- Now, see Greatest Common Factor (GCF) calculation steps .
- Optional: Click on reset button to start afresh.
How to Simplify Fractions
Fractions and Simplification
Fractions are defined as a part of the whole. These are represented in the form of ab, where a and b are numbers. The number “a” written above the bar, is known as numerator, while the number “b” written below the bar, is known as denominator.
For example: 1/2, 17/5, 3/4 etc.
Tips for simplifying fractions:
- Start with the lowest factor which can divide a both numerator and denominator until you cannot precede it further.
- The fraction terms are divided by greatest common factor. These steps help us to simplifying the given fractions.
Simplify Fractions Examples
Question 1: Simplify the fraction 12/18
Factors of 12 = 1,2,3,4,6,12.
Factors of 18 = 1,2,3,6,9,18 So,
H.C.F. = 6
12/18 = 2×6/3×6 = 2/3
Question 2. Simplify the fraction 6/27
Factors of 6 = 1,2,3,6.
Factors of 27 = 1,3,9,27.
So, H.C.F. = 3