GATE 2021 Registration (GATE 2021 Application form): Register for GATE 2021 at GOAPS (appsgate.iitb.ac.in) then fill and submit GATE 2021 application form. GATE 2021 Registration will take place from September 3, 2020 and will go on until September 24, 2020. According to the GATE 2021 notification, the exam will conduct on February 6, 7, 13 and 14, 2021. Admit card to be released on January 4, 2021 and the result will be out on March 16, 2021.
Important Dates of GATE 2021 registration
|GATE 2021 event||Dates|
|GATE 2021 registration starts||September 3, 2020|
|Last date for GATE 2021 Application Form||September 24, 2020|
|Last date to submit with late Fee||October 5, 2020|
|GATE Application form correction facility||October 28, 2020|
|Request in change of city for GATE 2021||November 15, 2020|
|Release of Admit card||January 4, 2021|
|GATE 2021 Exam||February 6, 7, 13, 14, 2021|
GATE 2021 Registration: Application form
GATE 2021 registration to be started on August 31, 2020 and the last date to submission of GATE application form 2021 would be on September 24, 2020. Candidates can also utilize GATE application form correction facility to make changes before the last date – October 28, 2020.
In this article I share step by step process in detailed to submit the GATE 2021 application form. Learn how to apply online for GATE 2021 by following 5 easy steps, each one explained clearly below.
Here we guide you to apply online for GATE 2021 a step wise manner.
Step 1: Go to GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) website.
Visit IIT Bombay’s GOAPS 2021 official website is gate.iitb.ac.in
Step 2: Select New User for Registration.
GATE 2021 registration form contains new user and existing user. For the first time user, need to select new user.
Step 3: Fill in GATE 2021 application form.
This is the most important section in the GATE 2021 application form, where candidates need to enter their details such as personal data, educational qualifications, ID number, etc.
Step 4: Upload Documents (Photo and Signature).
Applicants must upload his/her digital photograph and signature in given formats.
Step 5: Pay application fee.
This is the final step of GATE 2021 registration process. GATE 2021 Application fee can be paid in online by using net banking/ debit/credit card.
For Women/ST/SC/PWD candidates, the GATE 2021 application fee is Rs. 750, while for other candidates, it is Rs. 1500.
GATE 2021 Application form through GOAPS 2021 to be launched on August 31 by IIT Bombay for written examination to get admissions into Master’s programs in engineering.
Find below detailed steps to submit GATE application form 2021.
Step 1. Visit GOAPS 2021
- 1.1. Go to GATE 2021 or GOAPS 2021 official website or click on direct link of GATE 2021 application form : http://gate.iitb.ac.in/
- 1.2. Upon clicking on the link, click on “New User – Register Here” for GATE 2021 registration.
Step 2: GATE 2021 Registration
2.1. Candidate should enter the following details for GATE 2021 online registration.
- Name of the candidate
- Email address
- Country of Residence
2.2. After entering the details, click on submit button.
2.3. GOAPS Enrollment ID – Each GOAPS registered candidate will be provided with an Enrollment ID. Upon registration, an e-mail containing the GOAPS Enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate. This Enrollment ID will be the reference ID for all future communication.
2.4. GOAPS Password – The candidate has to choose a password during Enrollment at GOAPS 2021. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrollment ID to login to GOAPS.
Step 3: Fill and Submit GATE 2021 Application form
3.1. Candidates need to enter their personal information, educational qualifications, address and declaration form in order to submit the GATE 2021 application form.
3.2. Below are the list of Data and Documents to be required for filling the GATE 2021 Application Form at GOAPS.
- Personal information.
- Address for Communication including including PIN code.
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE paper preference (subject).
- Selection of exam city for appearing GATE 2021.
- Scanned photograph and Signature.
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in PDF format.
- Scanned copy of cast certificate for SC/ST only.
- At least one ID card for proof.
- Any card (debit card / credit card /net banking credentials) for fee payment.
3.3. Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs during filling the GATE online application form:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar-UID Number
- College ID
- Employee ID
- Driving License.
Step 4: Upload Documents
- 4.1. Candidate need to upload scanned digital photograph and signature.
- 4.2. The candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature in given formats and sized.
- 4.3. The GATE 2021 Online application form uploaded without scanned photograph and signature will be rejected and admit card will not be issued to appear for the exam.
Step 5: Application fee payment
5.1. GATE 2021 Application fee can be paid by using any of the below-listed modes of payments:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net banking
For Women/ST/SC/PWD candidates, the GATE 2021 application fee is ₹750, while for other candidates, it is ₹1500. The application fee for International candidates is $50. The below mentioned GATE application fee is excluding service charges and processing fee.
|GATE 2021 registration fee|
|For domestic candidates||On or before the last date||Applications with late fee|
|All other candidates||₹1500||₹2000|
|For international candidates||On or before the last date||Applications with late fee|
|Addis, Abada, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||$50||$70|
|Dubai and Singapore||$100||$120|
The candidates are requested to fill the application form carefully in order to prevent their candidature from cancellation. To know more, visit the official site of GATE.
GATE 2021 Application form Correction
The following corrections will be accepted in the GATE 2021 application form upon submitting a valid proof. Below find the documents required to make corrections in GATE application form 2021.
|S.No||Type of Correction||Required Proofs for Correction|
|1||Name of Candidate||Class 10 Standard Certificate/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar ID/Driving License/Passport|
|2||Date of Birth||Birth Certificate/ Class 10 Certificate/ Passport|
|3||Name of Parent||Voter ID/ Aadhaar ID/ Driving License/ Passport|
|4||Qualifying Degree, Year and Status||Degree Certificate or|
Final Year/Semester Mark Sheet or
Certificate with seal and signature of HoD/Principal/Competent Authority
Application form print/download
After completion of step 1 to 5, login with your GOAPS 2021 registration ID and password to download and save your filled GATE 2021 application form.
Steps to Retrieve GATE 2021 Enrollment ID and Password
In case you forget the password or enrollment ID, the same can be retrieved with the help of email ID or phone number via OTP.
Candidates has 2 options to recover their enrollment ID or password. Use any of the following method and download the GATE admit card 2021.
- Recover GATE 2021 Password: Using the registered mobile number through “Request for OTP”
- Recover Gate 2021 Enrollment ID: Using the registered email ID through “forgot enrollment ID”
GATE 2021 Application form Last date
October 5, 2020 is the last date to submit your GATE 2021 application form in online mode only at gate.iitb.ac.in. However, the last date for requesting change of the examination city is November 15, 2020 with additional fee payment.
GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria – Who Can Apply?
Applying for GATE 2021? then make sure to check the following eligibility requirements for acceptance of GATE 2021 application form.
- Bachelor’s degree Completed/Studying the final year in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology).
- Bachelor’s degree Completed/Studying the final year of 5 years Architecture program.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in B.Sc.(Research)/ B.S of 4 years after 10+2 program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of the course.
- Master’s degree M.Sc./ M.A./ MCA or equivalent program holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications.
- 4 years Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and the final year students.
- 5 years Integrated M. Sc/B.S./M.S Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology
- Students who obtained B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch equivalent examinations conducted by Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE.
Note: There is no max and min age requirements to appear for the GATE 2021.
GATE 2021 – FAQs
Who conducted GATE 2021?
GATE 2021 will be conducted by IIT Bombay in online mode tentatively on 02, 03, 09 & 10 February 2021. Every year, the GATE exam will be organized on rotation basis jointly by the IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs on behalf of the National Co-ordination Board (NCB) – GATE, Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Government of India.
What are the documents required for GATE 2021?
Valid Photo Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address). On the other hand, foreign students must have Passport/Government Issued ID/College ID/Employee ID as one of the identity proof.
How many attempts are there for GATE?
There is no limit in GATE exam. You can give GATE exam as many time as you can.
What is the fees for GATE 2021?
GATE 2021 application fee is ₹1500 for Male (General/OBC) students, ₹750 for SC/ST/Pwd and all women candidates and $50 for international students.
What is the last date for GATE 2021 registration?
September 24, 2020 is the last date for GATE 2021 registration. However, GATE 2021 application can be filled till October 5, 2020 with extra fee payment.
Can i change details in GATE application form?
Candidates are allowed to make changes in their GATE 2021 application form till October 28, 2020.
How to check status of GATE 2021 application form?
GATE 2021 application form status can be checked easily by login to GOAPS using enrollment number and password.