JEE Main Syllabus 2023 pdf download: JEE Main 2023 syllabus with chapter wise weighatge for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry officially released by the national testing agency and it’s available to download in pdf as well.
- JEE Main 2023 syllabus for paper 1 mostly covers the core concepts of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with a stress on its fundamentals which must be well known for the JEE aspirants.
- The JEE main 2023 syllabus slightly differs in the second paper where the level of mathematics remains almost the same but the Aptitude and Drawing test the innate abilities of the candidates.
JEE Main 2023 Syllabus
Test takers should know the detailed JEE Main 2023 syllabus with chapter wise weightage for physics, chemistry and math to crack the exam. In this article, you can get complete details of JEE main 2023 syllabus for paper 1 and paper 2 along with exam pattern guide.
JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus 2023
- Sets relation and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Limits continuity and differentiation
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Three dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Mathematical reasoning
JEE Main Physics Syllabus 2023
- Physics and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work power and energy
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solid and liquids
- Kinematics of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems and Experimental skills
JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus 2023
Section A – physical chemistry
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electro chemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
Section B – Inorganic Chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- D – and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
Section C – Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
So you’re sorted with all the dates relating to JEE main 2023 examination. Let’s take a look at the examination paternity which would enable you to plan your JEE Main 2023 preparation accordingly.
Chapter Wise Weightage for JEE Main 2023
JEE Main weightage 2023 (chapter wise) for physics, maths and chemistry given below based on the last year question paper. Candidates can easily find out the most important chapters to study and number of questions picked in JEE Main exam.
JEE Main Physics Weightage
|Topics||No of Questions||Marks||Weightage|
|Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism||2||8||6.67%|
|KTG & Thermodynamics||2||8||6.67%|
|Work Power Energy||1||4||3.33%|
|Laws of motion||1||4||3.33%|
|Work,Power and Energy||1||4||6.67%|
|Centre Of Mass||2||8||6.67%|
JEE Main Math Weightage
|Topics||No of Questions||Marks||Weightage|
|Sequences and Series||2||8||6.67%|
|Area Under the Curve||1||4||3.33%|
|Permutation and combination||1||4||3.33%|
|Tangent and Normal||1||4||3.33%|
|Maxima and Minima||1||4||3.33%|
|Height & Distance||1||4||3.33%|
JEE Main Chemistry Weightage
|Topics||No of Questions||Marks|
|Transition Elements and Coordination Chemistry||3||12|
|Periodic table and Representative Elements||3||12|
|Thermodynamics And Gaseous State||2||8|
|Chemical And Ionic Equilibrium||2||8|
|Solid State And Surface Chemistry||2||8|
|Nuclear Chemistry And Environment||2||8|
|Solution and Colligative Properties||1||4|
|General Organic Chemistry||1||4|
|Carboxylic Acid and their Derivatives||1||4|
|Carbohydrates, amino acid and Polymers||1||4|
The JEE main examination comes with two different papers which cover the main subjects studied by the students during their 12th standard. The two papers of JEE and what they are all about are as follows:
Detailed JEE Main 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Paper 1
|Subjects||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||90 questions||360 marks|
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 for paper 1 consist of 90 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. This paper will be held for 3 hours in both online and offline modes for admissions to undergraduate engineering programs.
- Paper 1 or simply the first paper is conducted for candidates who are willing to get into the bachelors of engineering (B.E/B.Tech)
- since the core competence here is admission into engineering fields, the main subjects which will b e tested are Maths, Physics, and Chemistry.
- All the questions will be from Maths, Physics and Chemistry and will be of objective type.
- A total of 90 questions, 30 questions from each subject will be given.
- The examination will be held for three hours and the candidates cannot answer beyond three hours , irrespective of whether he/she has opted the online (CBT) or offline (PBT) mode.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted from every wrong answer. Hence be very careful with the negative marking.
- So the JEE mains paper 1 consists of 360 marks.
- Question paper is usually in English and Hindi at all places, but in places like Gujrat, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli along with English and Hindi, the question paper is also available in Gujrati.
JEE Main Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern for Paper 2
|Subjects||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||82 questions||390 marks|
JEE Main syllabus 2023 for paper 2 comprise of 82 questions from Mathematics, Aptitude test and Drawing test. It will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based exam) for admissions to B. Architecture/B. Planning programs.
- The second paper is for admission into planning and architecture courses which are the B.Arch./B.Planning courses.
- Unlike JEE mains paper 1 , paper 2 isn’t available online and has to be written offline (PBT) only.
- Since it is slightly different from the engineering streams, the subjects which are tested here are Maths, Aptitude and Drawing .
- Maths and Aptitude sections are of the objective type but Drawing section is completely subjective.
- A total of 390 marks is what the exam is being conducted for in paper2 with 50 questions from Aptitude, 30 questions from Maths and two questions relating to drawing which also adds up to the 390.
- for every correct answer ,the candidate will be awarded 4 marks and for a wrong answer a mark is deducted. That means there is a negative marking of 0.25 for one mark.
- The language preference for the question paper is similar to Paper. It is English and Hindi at almost all places with few exceptions like Gujrat, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli where the question paper is available in Gujrati as well.
- The total time allotted for the exam is three hours
JEE Main 2023 Syllabus for Aptitude Test ( Only for B. Arch and B. Planning)
Part – I
Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.) Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build environment. Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings. Visualizing. different sides of three dimensional objects. Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
Part – II
Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects. Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban space (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
Note: Candidates are advised to bring pencils, own geometry box set, erasers and color pencils and crayons for the Aptitude Test.
Recommended JEE Main Books for Preparation
JEE Main Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQs
Is the JEE Main 2023 syllabus for Paper 1 and 2 are same?
No, the JEE Main syllabus for paper 1 and paper 2 are different.
What is the JEE Main Syllabus for Paper 1?
The Syllabus for JEE Main Paper 1 has 3 sections, they are Math, Physics and Chemistry. Each section has 30 questions.
Is there negative marking in JEE Main exam?
There is a negative marking of 1 Mark for each wrong answer in JEE Main exam. However, there is no negative marks for answer with a numeric value questions.
How many questions are there in JEE Main 2023 paper 1?
JEE Main 2023 exam has 90 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Math subjects. Test takers need to answer 75 questions for 300 marks.
How to download the PDF of JEE Main syllabus 2023?
You can download JEE Main syllabus 2023 PDF from this page, see direct link provided above.