MBA Entrance Exams 2021: Studying MBA in India will require to give MBA entrance exam 2021. Get MBA admissions in top B-Schools of India by clearing appropriate exam.
CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, NMAT, SNAP, IIFT and ATMA are the top most MBA entrance exams in India. MBA entrance exam is like the ticket to achieve the student’s dreams and to get them as the reality. Nowadays it is important for any institution to write MBA entrance exam which tests the eligibility of the candidate’s knowledge to pursue this course in respective institution.
Here is a list of top MBA entrance exams in India for 2021-22 that each candidate can take to pursue their dream of becoming MBA professional. Read all the details and do choose your career path wisely!
List of Top MBA Entrance Exams 2021
|MBA Exam 2021||Exam Dates||Last Date to Apply||Details|
|CAT 2021||November 29, 2021||September 18, 2021||Learn More|
|XAT 2021||January 5, 2021||November 30, 2020||Learn More|
|MAT 2021|| MAT Feb: 29 Jan–16 Feb 2021.|
MAT May: 25 May–10 Jul 2021
MAT Sep: 27 Aug–20 Sep 2021
MAT Dec: 8-24 Dec 2021
| MAT Feb: February 12, 2021|
MAT May: July 2, 2021
MAT Sep: September 16, 2021
MAT Dec: December 11, 2021
|CMAT 2021||January 24, 2021||December 10, 2020||Learn More|
|NMAT 2021||Oct 6 to Dec 19, 2021||October 5, 2021||Learn More|
|SNAP 2021||December 13, 2021||November 21, 2021||Learn More|
|IIFT 2021||December 6, 2021||November 3, 2021||Learn More|
|IBSAT 2021||December 26-27, 2021||December 16, 2021||Learn More|
|MICAT 2021|| MICAT – I: Dec 06, 2020|
MICAT – II: Feb 07, 2021
| MICAT – I: Nov 20, 2020|
MICAT – II: Jan 30, 2021
|ATMA 2021||July 6, 2021||July 1, 2021||Learn More|
Here only the candidate those who are rich in knowledge survives and can pursue their dream. Sure, MBA entrance exam won’t be of such tough but it certainly needs some dedication and attention from candidate side to become the profession. With the MBA entrance exam result, it is possible to judge the candidate’s knowledge as of how much they have the in-depth knowledge of their field.
Today there are many of the colleges and universities have been developed to educate the people and to lead them to the better world in their future career. When people want to pursue MBA course, the first thing they have to do is to prepare and to write an entrance exam for MBA course.
Check Most popular MBA Exams in India for 2021-22.
#1. CAT 2021 – Common Admission Test
CAT exam is the most popular and toughest entrance examination which is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM). CAT scores are used to join in many top MBA colleges and institutions across the country.
Each year more than 200 thousand students are appearing for the CAT exam to pursue their dream. It is an online test and usually it’s registration process will be carried out in August – September and the exam will be held in November.
Here’s CAT exam 2021 schedule:
- CAT 2021 registration will commence from August 5, 2021 and the last date to apply online is September 16, 2021.
- Download CAT 2021 admit card from October 28, 2020 to till the exam date.
- CAT 2021 exam (date) will conduct on November 28, 2021.
- The result of CAT 2021 is expected to out on January 5, 2022.
CAT 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Section||MCQs||Non-MCQs||Questions||Total Marks||Time in min|
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||24||10||34||102||60|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||24||8||32||96||60|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||27||7||34||102||60|
CAT syllabus unchanged, however is believed to come with a different set of questions and pattern every year.CAT entrance exam usually carries four segments online test, follows as,
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
It is a 3 hour long test and has around 100 questions for 300 marks which are a combination of multiple choice and non-multiple choice questions. Generally, 3/4th of the questions are multiple choice and 1/4th are non-multiple choice questions.
#2. XAT 2021 – Xavier Aptitude Test
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test), it is one of the reputed MBA entrance examinations which are conducted across the country. Each year nearly one lakh candidates will appear for this exam. This exam was conducted by Xavier Labour Relations (XLRI) Jamshedpur.
XAT exam is the computer-based online management aptitude Test and it is held on the first Sunday of January each year. XAT exam scores are accepted by more than top 100 management institutes across the country.
Let us look at the XAT 2021 important Dates and Exam Schedule.
- The XLRI has released XAT 2021 notification and application form on August 23, 2020.
- Candidates should fill in the XAT 2021 application form by providing valid details and paying registration fee from August 23, 2020 to November 30, 2020.
- The last date for XAT 2021 registration with late fee is December 7, 2020.
- XAT 2021 admit card for online test will be issued to the eligible candidates from December 20, 2020 and it ramins available to download till January 5, 2020.
- XAT 2021 exam scheduled to be held on January 5, 2021.
- The announcement of XAT 2021 result will be released through online mode on January 16, 2021.
XAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern
|Section in XAT 2021 Exam Pattern||Number of questions||Overall Time Duration|
|Part-1||75 Total MCQs||165 Minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Decision Making||21||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Part-2||25 Total MCQs||15 Minutes|
|Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2)||100|
XAT online test includes the following 5 sections,which are combination of 97 objective type questions and one essay writing question for the maximum of 100 marks. Each objective question carries 1 mark equally and sigle essay writing question carries 3 marks.
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
- Essay Writing
Candidates who got selected from this online test, essay writing will be conducted for them and the test duration will be 170 minutes for 97 multiple choice based questions and 35 minutes for essay writing. Hence, the total time duration of the XAT test will be 205 minutes.
#3. MAT 2021 – Management Aptitude Test
MAT 2021 is second popular MBA entrance exam after CAT exam. This exam was conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) and more than 600 b schools and institutes use this score for admission to management programs.
MAT exam is usually conducted 4 times each year in the month of February, May, September, and December. This exam will be conducted by as both computer mode and written mode test i.e. both online and offline will be organized.
MAT 2021 exam dates for Feb, May, Sep and Dec sessions
- MAT Feb 2021: Registration will commence from December 27, 2020–February 12, 2021. Exam will be held from January 29–February 16, 2021.
- MAT May 2021: Application form will available from May 6–July 2, 2021 and exam will conducted from May 25–July 10, 2021.
- MAT Sep 2021: MAT 2021 registration for September session will begin on July 15 and ends on September 16, 2021. Exam will take place from August 27–September 20, 2021.
- MAT Dec 2021: MAT 2021 December application form will available from October 4, 2021 and the last date for registration is December 11, 2021. Exam will be conducted from December 8-24, 2021.
MAT 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
|Section:||No. of Questions:||Suggested time ( min)|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
MAT exam consists of 5 sections of 40 questions each and the total duration of the exam is 150 minutes. The MAT exam syllabus includes the following sections.
- Indian and Global Environment
- Language Comprehension
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Mathematical Skills
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
#4. CMAT 2021 – Common Management Admission Test
CMAT exam is is conducted by NTA for MBA admission in all AICTE approved colleges across country. Every year nearly 1.5 lakh students are appearing for this exam. This exam score is accepted by more than 500 top institutes across the country for MBA courses.
CMAT first exam was conducted in 2012. It has become more popular in the recent years across the country and it gets newly added to the list of MBA exams.Each year, this CMAT exam is conducted in the month of February.
CMAT 2021 syllabus and exam pattern
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||Algebra, Time-Speed-Distance, Allegation & Mixtures, Geometry, Graph, Quadratic and Linear Equations, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning, Linear Arrangements, Number Series, Matrix Arrangements, Blood Relationship Tests, etc.|
|Language Comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Grammar, English Usage Errors, Para-jumbles, etc.|
|General Awareness||Economy, Business, World, Politics, Sports, Culture, Society|
CMAT Online test includes four sections, they are
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Language Comprehension
Let us look at the CMAT 2021 important Dates and Exam Schedule.
- The NTA has released CMAT 2021 notification and registration process started on November 10, 2020 and the last date to apply online is December 24, 2020.
- The last date for CMAT 2021 application form with late fee is December 7, 2020.
- CMAT 2021 admit card for online test will be released from December 24, 2020 and it remains available till the exam date.
- CMAT 2021 exam (date) conducting on January 24, 2021.
- The announcement of CMAT 2021 result will be released through online mode on February 5, 2021.
#5. IIFT 2021 – Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
IIFT 2021 is the institute based entrance test and conducted for MBA admission in the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT). IIFT exam is conducted in offline mode i.e. written exam with pen and paper.This exam is usually carried out in November-December each year and nearly one lakh students will appear for this exam across the country.
Here’s IIFT 2021 exam important dates:
- IIFT 2021 registration will commence from September 9, 2020 and the last date to apply online is November 3, 2020.
- Download IIFT 2021 admit card from December 19, 2020 to till the exam date.
- IIFT 2021 exam (date) will conduct on December 1, 2020.
- The result of IIFT 2021 is expected to out on December 13, 2020. Admission process for MBA courses will start from February 2021.
The following table shows the IIFT syllabus and exam pattern
|Section||Questions||Marks for each correct answer||Max marks||% Preference in shortlisting|
#6. SNAP 2021 – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP-2021) exam was conducted by Symbiosis International University. This exam is conducted at the national level and score is primarily used to get the admissions in top 15 institutes that are organizing under Symbiosis International University. In addition to that, many other institutes also using the SNAP scores for MBA courses.
It is the computer-based online test and this exam is usually held in December and its registration process will be carried out in November each year.
SNAP Syllabus and Exam Pattern
SNAP 2021 Syllabus consist of 4 various sections for 150 marks with 150 objective type questions. The total time duration of this test will be 120 minutes. Each question carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty from the final score. However, there is no sectional time in the exam and no negative marks for leftover questions.
|General English, RC, VR, VA||40||40||2 Hours|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
|Quant, DI & Data Sufficiency||40||40|
The following mentioned syllabus included in the SNAP exam.
- General English, Reading Comprehension Passages, Verbal Ability & Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- General Awareness include General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning
#7. ATMA 2021 – AIMS Test for Management Admissions
AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA 2021) exam scores are used for admission in many of the institutions and colleges for management courses across the country. It is the national level entrance examination conducted in both online and in offline mode. Usually, ATMA exam is conducted for four times each year in the month of February, May, July, and August.
Check ATMA 2021 exam schedule for 2021
- ATMA 2021 application form will available from February 12, 2021 to July 1, 2021.
- ATMA 2021 exam date is July 6, 2021 and admit card for online test releasing on July 4, 2021.
- AIMS will release ATMA 2021 result and scorecard on July 10, 2021.
#8. IBSAT 2021 – ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test
ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is an online based exam conducted by The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education. It is an institute level entrance test and this exam score is for admission to MBA and Ph.D. programs of nine ICFAI Business School (IBS) campuses include Ahmedabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune, and Mumbai.
This exam was conducted for the period of 15 days and the candidates can book the slot as per their convenience. It is the online based test and has the multiple choice questions with 2 hours test time.
IBSAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern
|IBSAT Test Section||Number of Questions|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||30|
#9. MICAT 2021 – MICA Admissions Test
MICAT is the computer based online entrance test. This exam is conducted for MICA’s flagship two-year Post-Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C).
To give this exam, the candidate first needs to apply with CAT, XAT, and GMAT. Those who applied for these exams will be called for MICAT entrance test. This entrance test will be organized in the month of December.
MICAT 2021 important dates
- MICAT 2021 application form is available from January 2-20, 2021.
- MICAT 2021 exam will be conducted on February 7, 2021.
- MICAT exam result and scorecard will be released on February 17, 2021.
#10. NMAT by GMAC
NMAT by GMAC is also one of the important MBA entrance exams in India. It is computer based online exam and is held over the 75-day testing window, between October and December.
This exam score will be used for admission in top institutes and colleges include Alliance University, BML Munjal University, SRM University, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), ICFAI Business School (IBS), VIT University and Ansal University.
NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) has been recently gained by GMAC and was renamed as NMAT by GMAC. The good thing about this exam is that it has the friendly option. Like the candidate can appear for this exam a total of three times and the best of these 3 scores will be used for the admission purpose.
Let us look at the NMAT 2021 important Dates and Exam Schedule.
- NMAT 2021 application form starts on August 1, 2021 and registration ends on October 05, 2021.
- Admit card will be released after 24 hours of completion of registration. Get it by login with registration number and password.
- NMAT 2021 exam will be held from October 6 to December 19, 2021.
- Scorecard of NMAT exam can be downloaded within 48 hours of giving the exam and it remains available till the end of March 2022.
NMAT syllabus and exam pattern
It’s an online test includes 3 sections for 120 marks. NMAT syllabus consist of Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning sections with 120 objective type questions and the time duration of this test will be 2 hours.
Refer the below table for complete details of NMAT syllabus and exam pattern.
|Section||No. of questions||Time in min|
NMAT by GMAC Registration Process
- Fill and submit NMAT 2021 Application form
- Make payment via visa, or master card, or debit or credit card, etc
- Download NMAT by GMAC admit card
- Appear for the Exam
- Check NMAT by GMAC Results
#11. MAH CET 2021
Maharashrta’s MAH CET is one of the online Entrance exam conducted each year at the state level. This exam is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. This exam score is used for admission to various colleges and institutes for pursuing management courses like PGDBM and PGDM in the various regions of Maharashtra. Each year this exam will be conducted in the month of March.
MBA Admissions in India
In India, there is institution/state/national level MBA entrance exams are available to pursue PG courses. Some of these are organized at the national level while some are at the state level and some at the institutional level. Most of these entrance exams are suitable for the MBA seekers.
- Candidates who fulfill the below eligibility criteria can appear for the MBA entrance exam.
- Candidates should complete at least 3 years of a bachelor degree in any stream from reputed university.
- Final year pursuing candidates can also apply.
- Candidate should hold a minimum of 50% mark in their bachelor degree.
Benefits of pursuing MBA course
- High Salary Potential
- Be Your Own Boss
- Better Career Opportunities
- Ideal for Networking
- Enhances Knowledge
- Enhances Communication Skills
- Personal Development
When students enter into the engineering courses, most of them have not figured out why they are joining the courses or what they want to do with their course. After 4 years of this course completion, they are not clear in what they like or what to do for the rest of their lives. At that time on stage, they will be left with only 2 options, either they can go for a job or do post-graduate studies.
For those students completed an undergraduate degree in postgraduate studies, they have only a few options left that are M. Tech, or MBA degree or MS degree from the US. People choose their careers as they want but for those who wish to pursue MBA degree.
Here are some advantages of studying MBA course after engineering,
- It helps to improve soft skills which are most important for life skills.
- It gives 2 years more time for people to figure out what they will do for the rest of their lives.
- If after completing MBA someone joined the same job as an engineering graduate, they will get lots of attention and respect from others much faster.