NEET Counselling 2020: NEET 2020 Counseling will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) from the first week of June 2020. For the candidates who qualify in the NEET exam, MCC will be invited for the NEET 2020 counselling for all the 70693 MBBS seats and 26700 dental seats. These cover the medical colleges under government and private institutions.
Registration process for NEET counselling would begin from June 19 to 26, 2020. Candidates need to register for counselling in order to appear for counselling. Candidates would be allotted the seat on the basis of the rank. Seats that remain unfilled in the 1st round of counselling will be filled by the second round of counselling. Only 15% seats are filled through this, the rest 85% seats are filled through the state level counselling.
NEET Counselling 2020 – Registration Process
Find below the registration process for NEET counselling 2020:
- Step 1: visit the NEET counselling official site www.mcc.nic.in and click on ‘UG medical counselling’. On the left side of the scree, the person will find Link for ‘New registration’. Click on this and enter the details such as roll number, application number, name of the candidate, date of birth parent’s name, e mail ID, mobile number, security pin and click on submit.
- Step 2: After this new login credentials will be generated, use these new credentials for the future steps.
- Step 3: Below new login, there is a link for ‘candidate login’, one needs to click here and login with the new credentials.
- Step 4: The next step will ask to enter the roll number, name, mobile number, registration number and mother’s name and click on submit. Select ‘confirm registration’ and your registration is complete. Take the print put of this registration slip.
- Step 5: Once the counselling starts, the next step would be the lock choices, one needs to make the choice very carefully as once locked the candidate will not be allowed to make changes.
- Step 6: Candidate would be shared an email and SMS once the results are out.
- Step 7: One needs to contact the college authorities before the last date, get the documents checked and also pay the fee before deadline.
NEET 2020 Counselling Dates
Find below the important dates related to NEET 2020 counselling.
|First Round of Counselling|
|Registration and Payment||June 19-26, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||June 26, 2020 (7:00 PM)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||June 26 (4:00 PM) -June 27 (11:00 AM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||June 27-30, 2020|
|First Counselling Result||July 1, 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||July 1-6, 2020|
|Second Round of Counselling|
|Registration and Payment||July 11-13, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||July 13, 2020 (12 Noon)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||July 12, 2020 (10:00 AM ?5:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||July 13-15, 2020|
|Second Counselling Result||July 18, 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||July 18-25, 2020|
|MOP-UP Round for Central/Deemed Universiry/ ESIC only|
|Registration and Payment||August 13 -15, 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||August 16, 2020 (2:00 PM)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||August 16, 2020 (10:00 AM ?5:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||August 17, 2020|
|Third Counselling Result||August 18, 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||August 20 ?26, 2020|
Key Points in NEET 2020 Counselling
Following is the procedure and key points related to NEET counselling 2020
- NEET counselling 2020 will be conducted through the online procedure.
- The complete counselling procedure will be conducted by Medical counselling committee i.e. MCC
- The candidates whose name appear in the Merit List of NEET needs to register themselves on the NEET website before the deadline.
- NEET will also be conducting an online mock counselling before the final allotment, this is done to make the students more conversant with the online procedure.
- The medical seat to the candidates appearing in the counselling will be provided based on the rank a person has got in the examination process.
- Once the seat is allotted in a particular college, the candidate would be required to report to the allotted college in the provided timeline.
- The candidate would be required to get their documents checked at the college and pay the requisite fee before the end date.
- The mode of counselling to an extent would also be dependent on the state.
- The counselling will be done for the 15% of All India Quota seats
What is the eligibility for NEET Counselling 2020?
Candidate should qualify in the NEET 2020 exam by securing minimum required percentile marks. Only qualifying students would be allowed to sit for the NEET counselling 2020.
The minimum percentile for the general category is 50% while it is 40% for the reserved categories. Candidates can check the below table, which shows percentile requirement for different category students.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile|
- Qualified candidates in the NEET exam should register for counselling as per schedule and participate by submitting the choices in the NEET counselling.
- 15% All India Quota seats will not applicable to the students belonging the state of Jammu and Kashmir. So, they are not eligible for 15% quota seats.
- Few central universities will have custom rules, which are applicable to some percentage of seats and it depends on admission policies of the university/institution/college.
NEET cut off 2020
NEET 2020 cut off will be released along with result. Candidates who has scored or reached cut off marks will be invited to participate in the NEET 2020 counselling. Find below the last year cut off for NEET counselling.
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cutoff score||No. of Candidates|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||40th Percentile||133-107||63789|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||40th Percentile||133-107||20009|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||40th Percentile||133-107||8455|
|Unreserved – PH||45th Percentile||133-120||266|
|OBC – OH||40th Percentile||119-107||142|
|SC – PH||40th Percentile||119-107||32|
|ST – PH||40th Percentile||119-107||14|
Documents Checklist for NEET Counselling 2020
A candidates should report at allotted college after completion of seat allotment. While reporting to the college, make sure to submit following documents to complete the admission process.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Scorecard or Rank
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth verification)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet (for admission to MBBS/BDS)
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Passport size photographs – 8 copies
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
State level NEET counselling 2020
Each state conducts NEET counselling 2020 for admission into 85% MBBS seats in government medical colleges that are located in respective states. Here each state will release separate NEET merit list based on local reservations and availability of seats. Once the state release NEET merit list and counselling dates, the same will be updated here.
NEET counselling 2020 – FAQ
When will NEET 2020 counselling start?
NEET 2020 counselling starts on June 19, 2020 for the first round, where candidates should participate in it based on rank. The result of first round counselling will declared on July 1 , 2020.
When will NEET merit list declared?
NEET merit list for counselling will be released after declaration of the exam result.
When will NEET 2020 result declared?
NEET 2020 result will be out on June 4, 2020. Once result out, candidates can download score card as well.
What is cut off for NEET 2020?
The minimum qualifying marks for NEET 2020 are 50% for general and 40% marks for OBC/SC/ST category candidates. Official NEET 2020 cut off will be declared after releasing the merit list.