NEET Result 2022: The NEET result 2022 will be announced by the National Testing Agency on October 12, 2022. The candidates can check the same by login using their roll number, date of birth and security PIN. Here’s the steps to check your NEET result 2022.
Steps to Check NEET Result 2022
- Go to the official NTA NEET 2022 website: ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on “View NEET Result 2022 (UG Exam)”
- Now, enter your roll number, date of birth and security pin.
- Click on submit button, your scorecard will be displayed.
- Optional: Download and print the NEET scorecard 2022.
The NEET exam was successfully conducted on May 3, 2022 in over 150 test centers across India. The NEET results for the same would be available on June 4, 2022. NTA will declare the cut off and will also generate a detailed list of candidates who have qualified for the exam with their detailed score and rank in the exam.
To check NEET result 2022, the candidates would be required to provide the login details generated at the time of registration. The details include Roll number of the candidate and the date of birth of the candidate. After ensuring the correct details, the user needs to click on the submit button then results and score card will be displayed on the screen. The same will be required at the time of counselling and final admissions.
The qualifying students would be allowed to sit for the NEET counselling 2022. The minimum cut off for the general category is 50% while it is 40% for the reserved categories. The result for the exam would be available on the official website of NEET in the form of a scorecard which contains the Rank as per the category. Total marks and percentile scored by the candidate, Scorecard also mentions the marks and percentile obtained in all the sections.
NEET 2022 is an entrance gateway to all the admissions for around 70693 MBBS seats in medical colleges and 26,700 seats for admission to dental colleges across the country.
The re-checking or re-evaluation if the question paper is not allowed. Thus one can get admissions to all the medical colleges except AIIMS and JIPMER which have their own separate exam.
NEET Score Card 2022
NEET score card 2022 mainly contains the rank of the candidate at different levels:
- All India rank of the candidate
- All India quota state rank and
- State quota rank
Candidates can themselves calculate their expected score using the answer key beforehand by tallying their answers with the answer key available or use our NEET rank predictor tool to check your expected All India Rank in the merit list.
Find below the marking scheme used in the NEET 2022 exam:
- 4 marks will be awarded to the candidate for every correct answer
- -1 mark will be cut for any negative answer as a penalty
- No mark will be deducted for not selecting any option or selecting multiple options
- Thus the total marks that can be obtained in the exam are 180*4 = 720 marks.
Details mentioned on the scorecard
Following are the details which will be available on the NEET score card 2022:
- Roll Number: This is the official roll number which is generated at the time of registering. One should check that the Roll number appearing ion the scorecard is correct.
- Application Number: This also generated while filling the application form, one should cross check the application number as well.
- Nationality: This is the same details provided at the time of filling the form.
- Other details present on the scorecard include personal details such as Applicant’s name, date of birth, gender, parent’s name, category of the person etc.
- Overall and section wise marks and percentile obtained in all the sections (physics, chemistry and biology) of the exam.
- Apart from this, it will also mention the qualifying status of the candidate as well as the NEET cut-off score for NEET counselling 2022.
How is the NEET score calculated?
NEET score is calculated based on the marks mentioned above. Find the formula for the same:
- NEET score = (Total number of correct answers *4) – (number of wrong answers *1)
- NEET rank of the candidates are calculated based on the marks obtained in the exam.
NEET percentile score 2022
NEET percentile score is the minimum score the candidate should obtain for qualifying for the exam. The percentile is calculated based on candidates rank relative to other candidates.
Formula used to calculate percentile is:
NEET Percentile = 100 – ((your rank*100)/Total number of candidates appearing in the NEET exam)
Below is the table to show the passing percentile and the marks the candidate needs to score for qualifying. Find below the category wise marks and percentile required for qualifying the NEET exam:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile|
NEET 2022 Answer key
Candidate can also check his/her answers using the officially released answer key. Candidates can check the answers using the answer key and the OMR sheet. The NEET answer key will have the right answers to all the questions, this one can calculate the estimated score by their own. Candidates can also challenge the answers by through the online mode and by the payment of Rs. 1000. If the answer suggested is agreed by the authorities, one will get the amount refunded.
Following is the step wise process to check the answers using the official NEET 2022 answer key:
- Visit the official website of NEET 2022 i.e nta.ac.in.
- Click on the link ‘download NEET 2022 answer key’
- The answer key for all the different sets would be available on the website.
- Download the answer sheet and match the answers with your options.
NEET 2022 merit list
Merit list of the exam is declared as per the directives of Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI after the announcement of NEET 2022 result.
- Category wise merit list will not be available, there will only be one centralized list for the NEET 2022.
- The merit list is prepared for the seats under 15% quota for MBBS and BDS under All India quota.
- States will further prepare their own list based on AIR and category of the student.
- There will be a waiting list equal to 4 times the list available of 15% all Indi quota.
- The merit list of the exam will be available on the official website of NEET as well as the participating institutes under NEET.
Tie breaker methodology
In case same overall marks are obtained, following methodology is used to provide the rank of the person.
- Higher marks obtained in biology will be given the higher rank
- If the tie persists candidate with higher marks in chemistry will be preferred
- The next criteria would be the candidate giving less number of wrong answers
- And finally the candidate who is higher in age would be given preference.
NEET Cut off 2022
NTA will release cut off for NEET 2022. After declaration of the marks, the NEET cut off 2022 would be generated for different categories as well as various medical colleges coming under NEET. The following table shows the revised NEET cut off for 2019.
|Category||Revised cutoff percentile||Lowered cutoff score||No. of candidates|
NEET Result 2022 – FAQ
How to check NEET result 2022?
Go to ntaneet.nic.in then click on download result tab. Next, enter your roll number, date of birth and security pin. Finally click on submit button to get your NEET result 2022.
What is NEET scorecard 2022?
NEET scorecard is issued for those who qualify NEET exam. Using this scorecard, candidates can appear for NEET counselling to get admissions into MBBS/BDS courses.
How rank will be calculated if 2 or more students get same score in NEET 2022?
If 2 more or more candidates get same score in NEET 2022, then the rank will be decided based on the highest marks in biology. If these also same then chemistry marks plays major role. Finally the age of the candidate will decide their rank in NEET exam after more candidates got equal marks in both biology and chemistry.
How long should I keep the NEET score card?
You should keep it till completion of your counselling and admission process. It is recommended to have a copy of NEET scorecard 2022 until the admission process concludes.