Prime Number Calculator, Checker and Generator: Prime numbers are positive numbers greater than 1. Prime numbers are the numbers that cannot be divided by any number except themselves and one. Prime Number Calculator is an online tool to calculate whether a given number is prime number or not? It is a tool which makes calculations easy and fun.
If a number is given then it can easily calculate whether given number is prime number or not?
Example of prime number:
The number 7 can only be divided by 1 and 7, so 7 is a prime number.
1 is not prime number, since it has only one divisor, namely 1.
However, 2 and 3 are prime number, since they have exactly two divisors, namely 1 and 2, and 1 and 3, respectively.
List of Prime numbers up to 100 are: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, 97.
Prime Number Calculator
Is it Prime? – Use our Prime Number Calculator to check if a number is prime or composite!
Prime Number Calculator
Fun Facts about Prime Numbers
- The only even prime number is 2 and the remaining even numbers can be divided by 2. So, it can’t be a prime number.
- No prime number greater than 5 ends with a 5. Since any number greater than 5 that ends with a 5 can be divided by 5, it can’t be a prime number.
- Zero and 1 are not considered as prime numbers.
- Except 0 and 1, a number is either a prime number or a composite number.
Example: Check whether 12 is prime number or not?
Factors of 12 = 1,2,3,4,6 and 12
Hence 12 is not a prime number.
Answer: No, it is not a prime number.
How to Use the Prime Number Calculator?
Prime Number Calculator allows you to find if it is a prime number or not, just enter the number to check prime number.
- Enter the number in the input field
- Next, click on the button “is it prime”.
- Now, it will display the given number is a prime or not.
Generate Prime Numbers Between X and Y
Would you like to generate primes between two numbers? – Enter starting and ending numbers to check:
- Prime numbers list between two numbers
- Total Number of primes between two numbers
Generate Prime numbers list between two numbers
Generate First X Primes
How Many First Number of Primes Would You Like Displayed? – Simply drag slider to generate the first x number of primes. It will instantly generate and displayed the first number of prime numbers based on input.