RRB JE Syllabus 2022 pdf download: RRB JE Syllabus 2022 for CBT 1 and 2 has been released. Candidates can download the RRB JE Syllabus 2022 pdf from the given direct link.
RRB JE exam 2022 will be conducted in two stages called CBT 1 and CBT 2. Only candidates who will clear the RRB JE exam of CBT 1 by getting minimum qualifying marks will be allowed to appear for CBT 2 exam.
The RRB JE exam syllabus for CBT I follows as:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Science
- General Awareness
The RRB JE exam syllabus for CBT II follows as:
- Physics and Chemistry
- General Awareness
- Basics of Computer and Applications
- Basics of Environment and Pollution control
- Technical Abilities
Check below for section and topic wise syllabus for RRB JE exam 2022:
RRB JE 2022 Exam Pattern
|RRB JE Exam Pattern|
|RRB JE exam||Subjects||Marks||Time Duration|
|CBT – 1||Mathematics||30||90 minutes|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25|
|CBT – 2||General Awareness||15||120 minutes|
|Physics and Chemistry||15|
|Basics of Computer and Applications||10|
|Basics of Environment and Pollution control||10|
- A total of 100 objective type questions will be given in RRB JE CBT 1 exam, where candidates need to answer these questions in 90 minutes.
- While in CBT 2 exam, 100 questions from technical ability section and 50 questions from other sections(refer table) to be given for a total of 150 marks.
- For each wrong answer, a candidate will lose 1/3rd of marks from the final score in both the RRB JE CBT 1 and 2 exams.
- Technical ability section exam pattern is same for all engineering streams but the syllabus is entirely different from one post to another.
RRB JE Syllabus 2022 for CBT 1
The RRB JE syllabus for CBT 1 exam consists of 4 sections – Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science and General Awareness.
|RRB JE Syllabus 2022 – CBT I Exam|
|Mathematics||General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||General Science|
|Number systems||Analogies||Knowledge of Current affairs||Chemistry|
|Pipes and Cisterns||Statement, Arguments and Assumptions||General scienti?c and technological developments||Physics|
|Calendar and Clock||Directions||Sports||Life Sciences|
|Age Calculations||Analytical reasoning||Environmental issues concerning India and the World|
|Square Root||Similarities and Differences||Indian Polity and constitution, Indian Economy|
|Elementary Statistics||Conclusions and Decision Making||Indian geography|
|Trigonometry||Classification||culture and history of India including freedom struggle|
|Algebra Geometry||Data Interpretation and Sufficiency|
|Profit and Loss||Venn Diagram|
|Simple and Compound Interest||Syllogism|
|Time and Distance||Jumbling|
|Time and Work||Mathematical operations|
|Ratio and Proportion||Alphabetical and Number Series|
|LCM & HCF||Coding and Decoding|
RRB JE Syllabus 2022 for CBT 2
The RRB JE syllabus for CBT 2 exam comprises different sections such as Basics of Computer and Applications, Technical Abilities, Physics and Chemistry, General Awareness, Environment and Pollution Control.
Candidates also required to check the RRB JE technical ability syllabus for various engineering streams such as electronics and communication, Computer science, information technology, electrical and civil engineering.
The technical ability section in CBT 2 exam carries 100 marks. syllabus for this section varies from one post to another.
|RRB JE Syllabus 2022 – CBT II Exam|
|General Awareness||Physics and Chemistry||Basics of Computer and Applications||Basics of Environment and Pollution Control|
|Knowledge of Current Affairs||Up to 10th Standard CBSE syllabus and relevant basics||The architecture of Computers||Adverse effects of environmental pollution and control strategies, their effect and control|
|Indian geography||input and Output devices||Ozone depletion|
|General scientific and technological developments||Storage devices||Acid rain|
|Environmental issues concerning India and the World||Websites & Web Browsers||Waste Management|
|Indian Polity and constitution||Computer Virus||Air, water and Noise pollution|
|culture and history of India including freedom struggle||Internet and Email|
|Indian Economy||Various data representation|
|Operating System like Windows, Unix, Linux|
RRB JE Technical Ability Syllabus
Subject wise RRB JE technical ability syllabus for all engineering streams such as civil, mechanical, computer science, IT, electronics, electrical, chemical and printing press follows as:
- Electronic Devices
- Analog and Digital Circuits
- Basics of Signal and Systems
- Wireless Communication
- Energy Bands
- Signal and Systems
- Carrier Transport in Silicon: Diffusion current, Drift current, Mobility, and Resistivity
- Generation and recombination of carriers
- Control System
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Basics of Circuit and Power Electronics
- Circuits and Measurement Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Power and Control Systems
- Signals and Systems
- Building Construction & materials
- Building drawing, finishes & Maintenance
- Computer-Aided Design
- Concrete Technology
- Construction of substructure & superstructure
- Contracts and Accounts
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Design of Steel Structures
- Engineering Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering, Advanced Construction Techniques and Equipment
- Estimating and Costing
- Highway Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
- Mechanics of Structures
- Theory of structures
- Transportation Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Grinding & Finishing Process
- Hydraulic Machinery
- Industrial Management
- Material Science
- Strength of Materials
- Thermal Engineering
Computet Science and IT
- C, C++, and Java Language
- Computer Fundamentals and Organization
- Data and Network Communication
- Information Systems
- MS Offices
- Operating Systems
- Software Engineering
- System Programming
- Web Technology and Programming
- Applied Chemistry
- Basic Concepts of Fuel
- Environment and Pollution Control
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Material Science
Instrumentation & Measurement Engineering
- Analog or Digital Electronics
- Basics of Measurement Systems
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Mechanical Measurement
- Process Instrumentation
- Basic Concepts of Computers
- Color Science
- Control Application in Printing
- Digital Technology and Imaging
- Newspaper Printing
- Offset Printing
- Paper and Ink Technology
- Printing Materials
- Printing Surface Preparation
- Printing Techniques
RRB JE Syllabus and Exam Pattern FAQ
What is RRB JE technical ability syllabus?
The syllabus for RRB JE technical ability section is different from one post to another.This section tests the candidates technical knowledge on respective subjects.
What is RRB JE syllabus for stage 1 exam?
RRB JE syllabus for stage 1 exam comprises Quantitative Aptitude, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Science and General Awareness sections for 100 marks.
What is RRB JE syllabus for stage 2 exam?
RRB JE syllabus for stage 2 exam comprises technical ability section for 100 marks and other 4 subjects for 50 marks. These other sections are Basics of Computer and Applications, Physics and Chemistry, General Awareness, Environment and Pollution Control.
What is marking scheme in RRB JE exam?
1 mark added for right answer and 1/3 marks deducted for wrong answer for each question. This marking scheme is applicable for both stage 1 and 2 exams.