SBI Clerk 2021 Preparation strategy, tips, study plan and books – Read our ultimate guide on SBI clerk preparation strategy and tips to ease the prelims exam.
There is no short cut to qualify SBI Clerk 2021 exam and requires a consistent approach. The entrance process of the SBI clerk exam is very extensive and involves number of steps. The SBI clerk online test include questions on diversified topics and tests almost every aspect related to aptitude.
Candidates have to make lot many efforts to get through the SBI clerk exam. It’s getting tougher to clear the SBI clerk exam by each passing year due to huge competition and complex questions.
Below check the ultimate guide to prepare for the SBI Clerk 2021 exam along with recommended books, strategy and tips.
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk 2021
Some of the most well known SBI clerk 2021 preparation strategy and tips out there are:
1. Important topics in SBI Clerk syllabus 2021
Candidates should aware different important topics in each section while preparing for the SBI clerk exam 2021. Candidates should go through the latest SBI Clerk syllabus and should be aware of the weightages of the topics. Thus the person should focus more on questions having higher weight-age.
2. SBI Clerk Study Plan
A candidate should create a time table or study plan for the preparation of the exam. Bifurcate the topics that you are comfortable in and the topics which are tough for you. Spend more time on the tough topics and practice as much as you can on those specific topics specifically if the weightage is high for those topics.
3. Read regularly
One should read on regular basis, this will assist not only for the general awareness section of the written exam but also help in the group discussion and personal interview part. One should read at least one newspaper daily and should also develop a habit of reading a financial magazine.
4. Understand the concepts and basics
One should focus on understanding the concepts and learning the basics, this will help in solving any type of question. The study material or the coaching institute should also be chosen in a way that it helps in developing understanding of the topics.
5. Practice diligently
There is no shortcut to hard work, thus one should practice as much as possible. Start with the easier questions and slowly increase the level and practice difficult questions as well.
6. Time management
If you get stuck with a particular question, simply skip that question and move ahead to the next question to save time. In the SBI clerk online test or any most of the objective test, the qualification is dependent on time. Thus a candidate should time the questions and try to solve the questions as fast as possible with utmost accuracy.
A Candidate should spend an ideal time on 1 particular question and in case the person is not able to solve the question, one should move ahead. Even during the exam, one should answer the easy questions first at a glance and then come back to the slightly tougher questions.
7. Practice Mock tests
Practicing online mock test papers in real time conditions will also help the candidate prepare better for the SBI clerk exam. Candidates can also join a coaching institute or buy good sample papers and practice them on real exam like conditions.
There are plenty of free SBI clerk online mock test series resources available, take advantage by attempting these tests. More over, improve your skills by concentrating more on important topics to easily score good marks.
8. Accuracy Matters
There is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer applicable in both the SBI clerk prelims and mains exams. So while attempting the question in online test make sure to maintain accuracy and balance the number of questions to attempt with right option.
|SBI PO Preparation||SBI Clerk Application||SBI Clerk Admit Card|
Important SBI Clerk Preparation Books 2021
Let us look at the important SBI Clerk preparation books for each subject of the exam.
SBI Clerk Preparation Books for English
- Objective English 4th Edition by Edgar Thorpe
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English 2nd Edition by S.P Bakshi
SBI Clerk Preparation Books for Reasoning
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
SBI Clerk Preparation Books for Aptitude
- Practice Book on Quicker Math, 2nd Edition by M.Tyra & K.Kundan
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations 17th Edition by R.S Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma
SBI Clerk Preparation Books for Computer Awareness
- Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Arihant Publishers
- Computer Fundamentals by P.K Sinha
SBI Clerk Preparation Books for General Awareness
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)
- Manorama Year Book 2021 (English)
SBI Clerk Preparation 2021 – Check Exam Pattern
Candidates should have complete knowledge on SBI clerk exam pattern for prelims & mains before start preparing for the exam.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
Check below the SBI clerk exam pattern for preliminary online test.
- SBI clerk prelims have negative marking for wrong answers, for every incorrect answer about 0.25 marks to be deducted from the final score.
- SBI Clerk is a qualifying exam, after qualifying this exam only, the candidate will be allowed to sit for the mains exam.
- The entire prelims exam is bilingual that available in both the English and Hindi languages, except for the English section.
- There will be 3 sections in the SBI clerk prelims exam with 100 objective type questions for 100 marks.
- Each section has 20 minutes fixed duration, thus the total time for the exam is 1 hour.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
|Name Of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 hr 40 Min|
Check below the SBI clerk exam pattern for mains online test.
- The candidates will be selected for SBI clerk mains exam in the ratio of 1:10 based on performance in preliminary exam.
- The duration of the SBI clerk exam is 2 hours 45 minutes. It is clear that for each section, a fixed timing allotted.
- Similar to the prelims exam, the SBI clerk mains exam also has negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer marked by a candidate.
- As usually, mains exam is bilingual that available in both the English and Hindi languages, except the English section.
- Overall in the main exam, there will be 190 objective type questions will be given for 200 marks.