TNTET 2020 Notification, Exam Date, Application form: Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET 2020) exam, which is mandatory for those candidates who wish to join teaching field. Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) will organize TNTET exam 2020 on June 27 and 28, 2020. Aspirants can apply online for TNTET exam from May 4, 2020 to June 4, 2020 at trb.tn.nic.in.
TNTET 2020 is a state level examination which comprises of 2 papers. The paper 1 is for primary teachers i.e. from classes 1 to 5 and paper 2 is for upper primary teachers i.e. classes 6 to 8. Official TNTET 2020 notification to be releaed on May 4, 2020.
- TNTET 2020 application form will release on May 4, 2020 and the last date for application is June 4, 2020.
- TNTET exam 2020 will be conducted on June 27 and 28, 2020.
- The hall ticket for TNTET 2020 exam will be issued from June 17, 2020 to till the exam date.
- The result is expected to out on August 20, 2020.
- TNTET Syllabus 2020 is different for paper 1 and paper 2.
You would like to apply online for TNTET 2020? Here is all you need to know about TNTET (2020) notification, exam date, eligibility criteria, online application form, last date, syllabus, exam pattern, hall ticket, selection process and results.
TNTET 2020 Notification
TNTET 2020 notification pdf has released on May 4, 2020 to recruit teachers for Primary and Upper Primary classes in the state of Tamil Nadu. The validity of the exam will remain for 7 years. The candidates which to make their career in the teaching field can go through the article to boast their knowledge of TNTET 2020 and prepare themselves accordingly for the exam.
|Exam Name||TNTET 2020|
|Conducting Body||Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB)|
|Exam Type||State Level Exam|
|Exam Date||Paper I: June 27, 2020.|
Paper II: June 28, 2020.
|Language||Tamil and English|
|Score Validity||7 Yeras|
|TNTET Help desk||044 – 28272455/ 7373008144/ 34|
Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) was announced official dates of TNTET exam. TNTET 2020 exam will be conducted on June 27 and 28, 2020 in various exam centers. Online application for the same will be available from May 4 to June 4, 2020.
TNTET includes paper 1 and paper 2, and each paper contains different eligibility criteria and syllabus. Make sure that opt either one or both papres while fillig online application.
TNTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum age of the applicant to apply for TNTET 2020 is 18 years while the upper age limit as specified by Tamil Nadu Government norms is 40 years. There is the provision of age relaxation to all the reserved category candidates as per govt. Norms.
- The candidate should be B.ED in Nursery Teachers Training of 2 years, BTC in Urdu & BTC / Diploma in teacher education / Diploma in elementary education from recognized teacher training Institute in order to apply for TNTEY for primary standard
- Candidates who are perusing D.E.ED / B.ED degree will also be eligible to give TNTET paper 1.
- Candidate Having B.A / B.SC / B.Lit degree with Tamil, English, Maths, Physics, Botany, Zoology, History & Geography as main subjects from a govt. approved university & B.ed from a recognized university (if apply for graduate teacher) can apply for TNTET 2020.
- Candidates possessing B.Lit (Tamil) degree should either have B.ED or D.T.ED or TPT in order to be eligible to apply for TNTET 2020.
TNTET 2020 Application form
TNTET application form 2020 will available from May 4 to June 4, 2020 in online mode only at trb.tn.nic.in. Start applying online for TNTET 2020 by providing all required details and paying application fee. Make sure that the last date for submitting online application is June 24, 2020. Below are steps to follow while filling online application form:
- Go to TNTET 2020 offiical website:trb.tn.nic.in.
- Select “TNTET 2020 application form”.
- Now the candidates have to enter the registration details like name, parent’s name, date of birth, mobile number & email ID.
- After the registration is done successfully a registration ID will be given to the applicant through registered mobile number or email ID.
- Now the candidates have to login by using the registration ID & start filling the application form by providing name of the candidate, age, educational qualifications, paper applying for, choice of test center, etc;
- After filling all the details correctly, the candidate should upload the scanned documents such as signature, passport size
photograph, caste certificate (if applicable), age & experience certificate.
- As the candidates attach all the documents, he/she should pay the applicable amount of fee as per his/her category through online mode.
- The next step is to review the details filled by the candidate to eliminate any scope of error & click on ‘submit’ tab.
- After the successful filling of application form, the registration number along with password will be generated this should be kept safe for further reference.
TNTET application fee payment
|Category||Fee for one paper||Fee for both papers|
|General||Rs. 500||Rs. 1000|
|SC, ST, OBC, PWD||Rs. 250||Rs. 500|
The TNTET application fee can be paid in online using Credit, Debit Card, and net banking credentials. The application fee is Rs. 500 for General and Rs. 250 for SC/ST/OBC candidates. If a candidate opting both papers, then the application fee will be double as mentioned in the above.
TNTET 2020 Exam Date
|TNTET 2020 Notification||May 4, 2020|
|Availability of TNTET Application Form 2020||May 4, 2020|
|Last Date to TNTET application||June 4, 2020|
|Release of TNTET Hall Ticket 2020||June 2020|
|TNTET 2020 Exam Date for Paper-I||June 27, 2020|
|TNTET 2020 Exam Date for Paper-II||June 28, 2020|
|Declaration of TNTET Result 2020||August 20, 2020|
Let us look at the TNTET 2020 exam date and all important dates.
- The TNTET application form 2020 will be released through online mode on May 4, 2020 at trn.tn.nic.in & the applicants will be able to submit the application form till June 4, 2020.
- TNTET exam date 2020 for paper 1 and paper 2 is out. Paper 1 will be conducted on June 27, 2020 and where as paper 2 will be held on June 28, 2020.
- TNTET hall tickets will be issued to the eligible candidates from the second week of June 2020.
- TNTET Result 2020 for both papers are expected to be out in the month of August 2020.
- Selected candidates will get scorecard that valid 7 years.
TNTET Syllabus 2020
TNTET 2020 Syllabus – TRB has released official TNTET syllabus 2020 pdf for paper 1 and paper 2. In order to clear the TNTET exam 2020, the candidates should go through the syllabus, exam pattern and marking scheme to avoid any chances of surprises on the examination day. Let us discuss the TNTET 2020 syllabus and exam pattern for both the papers i.e. paper 1 & paper 2 separately.
TNTET Syllabus 2020 for Paper 1
|Child Development and Pedagogy (Age group 6 – 11)||30||30|
|Language I – (Tamil/Telugu/ Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu)||30||30|
|Language II – English||30||30|
The TNTET paper 1 will comprise of 150 questions that has to be attempted in 5 hours duration. The candidate will get +1 mark for every correct answer. The good thing for the candidates is that there is no negative marking in the paper. There will be 5 section & in the paper 1 viz Language 1, Language 2, child development & pedagogy, Environmental studies, Mathematics. Let’s discuss these sections one by one.
- Language 1 (Tamil) – This section will be having 30 objective type questions of marks i.e. 1 mark for one question
- Language 2 (English) – This section will also comprise of 30 marks. The total no. of question asked in this section is 30 & all are objective type questions.
- Child development & Pedagogy – It comprises of 30 multiple choice questions & is of 30 marks. It includes topics such as study of children’s profile, child social & emotional profile, Physical, Child Social & Emotional Profile, Physical & Intellectual Development, Social & Emotional development for 6 – 11 years of Age group, Moral Development in Child, concepts & constructs & factors contributing to learning.
- Environmental Studies – It also have 30 questions & all are of objective type. The marks assigned to this section are also 30. The topics covered in this section are Animal & Plants, Birds, Day & Night, Small creatures around the children, Air, Water, My Body, Man, Matter & Materials, Work, Silence in Everyday, Soil & Keeping healthy & clean.
- Mathematics – The marks assigned to this section is 30& having 30 multiple choice questions as well. This section mainly includes Numbers, Shades & Figures, Measurements, Data Study, Patterns & Fractional Numbers.
TNTET Syllabus 2020 for Paper 2
|Child Development and Pedagogy (Age Group 11 – 14 Years)||30||30|
|Language I – (Tamil/Telugu/ Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu)||30||30|
|Language II – English (compulsory)||30||30|
|a) For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Science|
b) For Social Science Teacher: Social Science
c) Any Other Teacher [(a) or (b)]
The TNTET paper 2 comprises of 150 marks. The candidates will be awarded 1 mark for every correct answer & there is no provision of negative marking in the paper 2 also. The paper 2 comprises of 4 sections, namely language 1 (Tamil), Language 2 (English), Child development & Pedagogy & maths & science / social science. Let’s discuss the weightage of all the sections along with the topics covered in each of them.
- Language 1 (Tamil) – This sections will contain 30 MCQs of 30 marks.
- Language 2 (English) – The English section will comprises of 30 objections type question of 30 marks. This section covers the topics such as Reading, Reciting, Identification of Test, Passage information questions, Puzzles & Riddles, Journal Writing, Spellings, Vocabulary & last is Mapping & summarizing of content.
- Child development & pedagogy – The marks allotted to this section is 30 marks & the no. of questions will also be 30& all are multiple choice questions. In this section the applicants are judged on the topics such as Nature of Educations Psychology, Social emotional & moral development, Cognitive development, Intelligence & creativity, learning, Personality intelligence & creativity, learning, personality & Assessment, Guidance & Counselling, Mental health & Hygiene etc.
- Maths & science – This part of paper 2 will have 60 MCQS of 60marks. The questions asked in the exam are from the topics such as Measurements, Number system, Life Mathematics, Algebra, Data handling, Geometry, Real Numbers, Practical Geometry, Graphs, Matter, worlds of plants & Animals, Environmental science, Chemical changes & formulation, Mother & science. Exploring the world, force & movement, body, Respiration, Ecology, atomic structure & elements & compounds.
TNTET Hall Ticket 2020 Download
TNTET hall ticket download: TRB will issue the TNTET hall ticket 2020 in the second week of June 2020. To download TNTET hall ticket 2020, candidates should visit the official website trb.tn.nic.in and there needs to enter application ID and date of birth/password. Below are steps to download TNTET 2020 hall ticket/admit card:
- Go to the official website – trb.tn.nic.in.
- Next, Click on download TNTET hall ticket 2020 for paper 1 or paper 2.
- Enter your TNTET application ID and date of birth/password.
- Then click on “submit” button.
- Your TNTET hall ticket 2020 will be generated, download it and also take a print out of the same.
TNTET Result 2020
TRB will release TNTET Result 2020 for Paper 1 and Paper 2 in the last week of August 2020. Candidates can get their result by entering roll number at trb.tn.nic.in. Here is the step by step process to check TNTET results and download scorecard as well.
- Visit the official website of TNTET 2020 i.e. trb.tn.nic.in
- Click on Check TNTET Result 2020 for Paper I & II
- Now enter your Roll numbe and click on the Submit button.
- Your rank position along with secured marks will be displayed on the screen.
- Finally, take a print out of the result along with scorecard for the reference purpose.
TNTET answer key 2020
TNTET 2020 will comprise of 2 papers i.e. Paper I & Paper II. The TNTET answer key will be release for both the papers separately & can be seen by the candidate by visiting the official website www.trb.tn.nic.in.
By seeing the TNTET answer key the candidates will be able to tele their answers & estimate their score before the declaration of result. For exact scores, the candidates need to wait for final result that will be out in August 2020.
Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) will also provide scorecard with validity of 7 years for the selected candidates in the TNTET exam based on cut off marks by category.
TNTET 2020: FAQ
How to apply for TNTET exam 2020?
Eligible candidates can apply online for TNTET 2020 on the official website i.e. trb.tn.nic.in. TNTET application will available from May 4, 2020 to June 4, 2020.
What is the age limit for TNTET exam?
TNTET 2020 age limit is 18 to 40 years for general category candidates. There is no restrictions on maximum age limit for SC/ST/BC/MBC reserved category candidates.
What is the last date to apply for TNTET 2020?
The last date for TNTET 2020 application form is June 4, 2020.
What is the application fees for TNTET exam?
TNTET application fee is Rs. 500 for one paper and Rs. 1000 for both papers. However, SC, ST, OBC and PWD candidates need to pay half of the actual fee only.
How to download TNTET hall ticket 2020?
The TNTET hall ticket 2020 for written examination can be downloaded by providing application ID and date of birth from TN TRB official website – trb.tn.nic.in.
How to Check TNTET Result 2020?
Applicants can check their TNTET Result 2020 along with their obtained score and cut off marks by entering their application number at trb.tn.nic.in.