WBJEE 2023 Application form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Notification: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination, WBJEE 2023 application form will available from Feb 9, 2023 to Mar 9, 2023 on wbjee.nic.in. It is conducted in two sessions on the same day. Mathematics is conducted in the morning while the other exam which includes both Physics and chemistry are conducted in the afternoon slot. There are around 34,000 seats available across the state.
WBJEE 2023 is the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam, which is conducted at state level for admissions to under graduate Engineering and Pharmacy courses with in the state. Eligible students can apply online from February 9, 2023 to March 9, 2023 on wbjee.nic.in.
WBJEE 2023 registration to be started on wbjeeb.nic.in, students can submit WBJEE 2023 application from February 9, 2023 to March 9, 2023. WBJEE exam will be conducted on May 9, 2023 by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam. WBJEE admit card 2023 download link for the same to be issued from April 30, 2023 and the result will be declared in June 2023.
WBJEE 2023 registration process – Check Here
WBJEE 2023 Application form link – Apply Here
WBJEE Admit Card 2023 – Download Here
WBJEE Result 2023 – Check Here
WBJEE counselling 2023 – Check Here
Some of the important announcements related to WBJEE 2023 are:
- WBJEE exam 2023 to be held on May 9, 2023.
- The WBJEE application form 2023 can be filled online from February 9, 2023 to March 9, 2023 on wbjee.nic.in.
- The WBJEE exam will provide admissions to various technical courses at undergraduate level which include Engineering, Architecture and pharmacy programs across the state.
- The entrance test provides admissions to both government and private colleges with in West Bengal.
- For appearing in this exam, the candidate should have passed 12th exam from any recognized board
- Syllabus of the WBJEE exam would be based on 11th and 12th syllabus
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board is responsible for the conduct of the exam and all the procedures related to it thereafter.
- The exam is regarded as of easy to moderate level difficulty.
- Students need to participate in WBJEE counselling to filling college and course choices.
For all those candidates who are looking forward to applying for WBJEE 2023 must be familiar with the exam pattern, online application process, exams date, syllabus, admit card, result, counselling and admission process.
WBJEE 2023 Notification
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board will release WBJEE 2023 notification in February 2023. It’s state level entrance exam that conducted for admissions to engineering and pharmacy courses in West Bengal state. Over 34000 seats are available in both private and government engineering colleges across state, where candidates need to qualify and participate in counselling process to get admission based on their college and course choices.
|Exam Name||WBJEE 2023|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application fee||General: ₹700.|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper)|
|Papers||Paper I – Math.|
Paper II – Physics and Chemistry
|Compete Per Year||120000|
|WBJEE Helpline||1800 1023 789/ 1800 3450 050|
WBJEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
For appearing in the WBJEE exam, there is no requirement of domicile of the state. However, the candidates would be required to produce the domicile for the government colleges in the state.
All the criteria would be checked at the time of admissions by the conducting authority and the candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria would have their candidature cancelled at the time of admissions.
Apart from the general criteria mentioned above, there are admission criteria defined for each and every course as well.
WBJEE Eligibility: Age and Educational
- Candidates need to secure at least 45% marks in 10+2 for appearing in the WBJEE exam.
- Age limit: The minimum age limit for appearing in the exam is December 31st, 2023 while there is no prescribed upper limit for the exam.
- The upper age limit for Marine engineering college is 25 years.
- Above, the eligibility criteria certain colleges have some additional eligibility criteria for admissions.
- Candidates appearing in the 10+2 exam are eligible for the WBJEE exam only if they pass the 10+2 exam with the minimum qualifying marks.
WBJEE Eligibility: Admission Criteria
- Engineering: For admissions to engineering college, one needs to have physics and mathematics as the primary subjects in 10+2 along with Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, computer science, computer application as the 3rd subject.
- Pharmacy: For admissions to Pharmacy College, one needs to have Physics and Chemistry as the two compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science and Computer Application as the 3rd subject in 10+2.
The candidates appearing in WBJEE should have got at least scored 45% marks in all the three subjects. However, there is a relaxation of reserved categories of 5% i.e. 40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B and PwD. In addition candidates should also have cleared English exam with at least 30% marks in 10+2.
WBJEE 2023 Application form
WBJEE 2023 application form will available from February 9, 2023 to March 9, 2023. Eligible students can apply online for WBJEE 2023 by submitting application form and paying registration fee on the official website wbjee.nic.in. Students can fill and submit the WBJEE 2023 application form after going through the eligibility criteria.
Follow the steps below to submit WBJEE 2023 application form:
Step 1: WBJEE Registration 2023
Go to wbjee.nic.in, click on the New Registration button and fill all required details. Then you will get application number and password.
Step 2: Fill WBJEE 2023 Application form
Login with your application number and password, then fill basic details such as education qualification, exam center, category,, etc. Once all fields filled in WBJEE 2023 application form, click on the submit button.
Step 3: Upload Photograph and Signature
Next, upload your recently clicked photograph and signature in JPG/JPEG format within given size.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
Now, select payment mode and pay WBJEE application fee. It varies from one category candidate to other. Use debit card/ credit card/ UPI payment gateways to make payment. The application fee is ₹700 for general category and ₹500 for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Step 5: Download and Print filled WBJEE form
It’s recommended to download and take a print out of filled WBJEE application form 2023.
WBJEE 2023 – Important Dates
The WBJEE 2023 exam is expected to be conducted on May 9, 2023. The candidate can opt to write exam at any of 25 test centers including West Bengal, Tripura and Assam. The candidate can select the exam center while filling WBJEE application form.
Following table shows WBJEE 2023 important dates:
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|WBJEE 2023 application form date||February 9, 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||March 9, 2023|
|Correction facility||March 2023|
|Release of admit card||April 30, 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 Exam Date||May 9, 2023|
|Release of answer key||May 2023|
|Announcement of result||June 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 Counselling||June 2023|
Let us look at the WBJEE 2023 exam date and schedule:
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam has announced WBJEE 2023 exam date and it will be conducted on May 9, 2023.
- Over 35000 engineering seats to be filled in 90 colleges through WBJEE 2023 entrance exam.
- WBJEE 2023 application form will available from February 9, 2023 to March 9, 2023.
- WBJEE admit card will be released on April 29, 2023 and the result for the same to be published in the first week of June 2023.
- Candidates can download WBJEE scorecard along with result from June 2023.
- Counselling will commence for engineering admissions based on the students marks in WBJEE exam and it will be held in the last week of June 2023.
WBJEE Admit Card 2023
WBJEE admit card 2023 will be released on April 30, 2023. To Download WBJEE 2023 admit card, candidates requires to login on Wwbjee.nic.in with application number and password. WBJEE 2023 admit card will be available from April 30, 2023 on WBJEE official website of wbjeeb.in in online mode for all registered candidates, who successfully submitted their application form.
Refer below given steps to download WBJEE 2023 admit card:
- Log in to the WBJEE official website – wbjee.nic.in
- Clik on the download WBJEE Admit card 2023 link.
- Enter your application number and password then click on the submit button.
- Your admit card will appear on screen. Download it and take a print out of the same.
Important: Once the WBJEE 2023 admit card released, exam center can’t be changed and requests regarding change of exam centers will not be accepted.
WBJEE 2023 Syllabus
|Category I (Full Marks-1)||Category II (Full Marks-2)||Category III (Full Marks-2)||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
WBJEE 2023 syllabus has 3 sections covering physics, Chemistry and mathematics. There will be two papers covering these 3 subjects. Pape 1 would be testing the knowledge of mathematics while paper 2 would be testing the knowledge of Physics and Chemistry. Both the papers would be conducted as an objective paper with multiple choice questions. Each of the question would have 4 choices to it.
Physics: In physics, there would be a total of 40 questions with 30 questions in 1st category and 5 questions each in the other two categories. Thus the total questions in the section would be 40 with a total marks of 50.
Chemistry: Chemistry exam would also have the similar pattern, there would be 40 questions in total with 30 questions in 1st category and 5 each in 2nd and 3rd category making the total marks of this subject as 50.
Mathematics: This is a detailed section compared to physics and chemistry. This section would have 50 questions in 1st category, 15 questions in category 2 and 10 questions in category 3. Thus making the total number of questions as 75 and marks as 100.
WBJEE 2023 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode (OMR Based Examination)|
|Examination Duration||2 hours for each paper (Total 4 hours)|
|Papers||Paper I – Mathematics; Paper II – Physics and Chemistry|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (Objective)|
|Number of Questions|
|Category-wise Division of Questions|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Category 1 – 1 mark for each correct answer. Category 2 – 2 marks for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||Category 1: -¼ mark Category 2: -½ mark will be deducted. Category 3: No negative marks.|
Highlights in WBJEE Exam Pattern 2023:
- The exam would be conducted as an offline, paper based using OMR sheets.
- Total Marks of the exam would be 200 with both paper and paper 2 for 100 marks each.
- Total number of questions in the exam would be 155.
- Candidate needs to answer the questions by darkening the circle on the OM sheet using blue/black pen.
- Find below the details of the questions and marks for each sub-section:
- Each subject would have 3 categories of questions: category 1 would have questions of 1 mark each, category 2 would have questions for 2 marks each and category 3 for 2 marks and multiple correct answers.
There is a differential marking in all the 3 categories:
- This would have only 1 correct option
- Each question would have 1 mark allotted for the correct answer
- 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Again this section would have 1 correct option
- For each correct answer 2 marks would be allotted
- 1/2th mark would be deducted for each wrong answer.
- For this section, 1 or more options may be correct
- All the correct answers will fetch 2 marks
- Combination of correct and incorrect answers will not give any marks.
- Partially correct answer will fetch marks for number of correct answer. Calculation as per = 2X (no. of correct options/total number of correct options).
WBJEE Result 2023
WBJEE result 2023 to be declared on May 23, 2023 by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. Candidates can check their WBJEE results and download scorecard by entering application number and password on wbjee.nic.in. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination will also prepare the final merit list based on cut off marks and it will be used for admissions to undergraduate engineering programs through counselling.
Refer following steps to check your WBJEE Result 2023:
- Go to wbjeeb.in and click on WBJEE 2023 result.
- Candidates need to login using WBJEE 2023 application number, password and security code.
- Then click on the submit button.
- Your WBJEE result 2023 would appear along with rank card.
- The candidates are advised to download the WBJEE rank card and take a printout of it for future reference.
Important: The WBJEE score card would have information like General merit list, Pharmacy merit list, total score, and score in each section and the qualifying status.
WBJEE Cut off 2023
Following table shows the expected WBJEE cut off 2023 marks vs rank:
|199 – 188||Ranks< 10|
|187 – 175||11 – 50|
|174 -163||51 – 1000|
|162 -150||1001 – 2500|
|149 – 138||2501 – 4000|
|137 – 125||4001 – 6000|
|124 – 100||6001 – 10000|
|99 – 75||10001 – 16000|
|74 – 63||16001 – 25000|
|62 – 50||25001 – 35000|
WBJEE 2023 cut off marks, opening and closing ranks will be declared after the result of the exam is announced. The WBJEE 2023 cut off marks are the minimum marks which a candidate needs to score to get admission in the participating institutes. Students who secured minimum cut off marks are going to participate in counselling based on WBJEE Rank vs marks.
Following general factors to be consider while declaring the WBJEE cut off 2023:
- Number of candidates that participate in the exam.
- Number of candidates who appeared in the exam
- Number of seats available constituting all the participating colleges and the seats in all the courses.
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Past year trends for the cut-off.
WBJEE Counselling 2023
Students who have secured minimum qualifying marks in WBJEE 2023 or JEE Main 2023 are need to register for WBJEE counselling process. A total of 3 rounds occur for the WBJEE counselling 2023, where the students who have attained minimum qualifying marks in WBJEE 2023 are eligible to participate in it.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board to conduct WBJEE 2023 counselling for admissions to engineering courses in government and private engineering colleges. WBJEE 2023 counselling takes place in the first week of June after the declaration of result.
Candidates can check detailed steps for WBJEE counselling 2023:
Step 1: Registration for WBJEE Counselling 2023
- Visit WBJEE official website – wbjee.nic.in.
- click on the New Registration button.
- Then enter your mail ID, mobile number, application number, name and date of birth.
- You will get registration ID and password.
Step 2: Pay WBJEE Counselling Fees
Once registration done, login using ID and password and make payment of Rs. 500 to participate in counselling. Once payment done, you will get options to select engineering colleges and courses.
Step 3: Fill and Lock Choices
Candidates will get choices to select colleges and courses. It is recommended that select at least 20 colleges and branches to get admission. Once selection is done, lock choices.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
Check your admission status through WBJEE counselling website by login with registration ID and password. WBJEE will allot seats based on candidates’s filled choices.
If you are satisfied with allotted seat, then accept and freeze it. Download your allotment letter and attend for certificates verification.
Step 5: Documents Verification
Visit any WBJEE Virtual Reporting Center to get verify documents. If all documents are accurate, then you will get a SMS that confirming the same.
WBJEE 2023 – FAQ
Can class 12 studying students apply for WBJEE 2023?
The final year or class 12 studying students can apply for WBJEE 2023, but they should have to produce proof of passing the exam at the time of counselling.
How to apply for WBJEE 2023?
Go to WBJEE 2023 official website wbjee.nic.in, then click on registration link. Fill all required details, upload images and make payment to complete the submission of WBJEE application form 2023.
Is there any negative marking in WBJEE exam?
Yes, there is negative marking for category 1 and category 2 questions in WBJEE exam 2023. However, there will be no negative marking for category 3 questions.
What is full form of WBJEE?
The full form of WBJEE is West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination.
What is the last date for WBJEE 2023 application form?
The last date for submission of WBJEE 2023 application form is March 9, 2023. Eligible candidates can submit WBJEE 2023 application form on wbjee.nic.in.
How to download WBJEE 2023 admit card?
Aspirants can download WBJEE 2023 admit card by login with application number and password on wbjee.nic.in.
How to check WBJEE 2023 result?
Go to WBJEE website, then login with application number and password to check WBJEE 2023 result. It’s expected that the result of BITSAT 2023 will be out on June 7, 2023.