XAT 2020: Exam Date, Registration & Application form – XAT 2020 is a national level management aptitude test. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) exam is mainly conducted on January 5, 2020 by the prominent Xavier Labor Relations Institute (XLRI) on the behalf of XAMI, which is Xavier Association of Management Institutes.
Update: XAT admit card 2020 will release on December 20, 2019.
The XAT 2020 Exam date announced by XLRI and it will conduct on January 5, 2020. The Last date for submission of XAT 2020 registration and online application is November 30, 2019.
XAT 2020 Notification
XAT is known as one of the oldest MBA entrance exam which has a history of 60 years. XAT is an entrance test for admission into management course of B-Schools in India. It is renowned as the second largest MBA entrance test to continue their education in MBA/PGDM. Approximately 90,000 candidates appear for this test annually.
The XAT 2020 registration has started on August 23, 2019 at xatonline.in. The last date for registration of XAT 2020 will be November 30, 2019 without late fee and December 7, 2019 with late registration fees.
XAT is accepted in about 150 B-schools. The exam will be conducted in online mode. The test is conducted in 47 cities in India and 2 cities internationally (Dubai and Kathmandu).
Candidates will get to know the tentative exam dates after the release of the official XAT 2020 notification, which is expected to come out in the 3rd week of August, 2019.
XAT 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on January 5, 2020 by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur and online registration process has started from August 23, 2019. The XAT notification will include format and exam details and this notification can be seen in all the major newspapers. You can also find this information in the official website of XAT. People who aspire to do MBA, XAT will be in the priority.
XAT 2020 exam will be be held on January 5, 2020. The score card for XAT 2020 is accepted by many prominent institution that include SPJIMR, TAPMI, XLRI, IMT, SIMB, BIMTECH and many other MBA institutes all over India. The exam is conducted in 47 cities in India along with two test centers in Kathmandu and Dubai.
The exam is conducted using online mode. The test duration for the exam is 3:35 hours and is taken by nearly 90,000 candidates every year. The exam consists of both subjective and objective types of questions.
All those candidates who are planning to take XAT 2020 can register online by visiting the official website. The XAT registration 2020 process has been started in August, and will remain open till November 30, 2019.
Candidates have to individually submit application at colleges to get seat in the particular college including XLRI, SPJIMR. One can expect direct recruitment from major company(s) and can expect a remuneration of Rs.15 to 20 lakhs per annum. XAT absorbs the most talented people into business.
For all those candidates who are looking forward to applying for XAT 2020 must be familiar with the exam pattern, online registration process, application correction, exams dates, syllabus, admit card, exam duration, cut off as well as result.
XAT 2020 Exam Date
|Release of XAT 2020 Notification||August 20, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Registration started||August 23, 2019|
|Last Date of XAT 2020 Registration||November 30, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Registration with late fee||December 7, 2019|
|Release of XAT 2020 Admit Card||December 20, 2019|
|XAT 2020 exam date||January 5, 2020|
|XAT 2020 result||January 16, 2020|
Let us look at the XAT 2020 important Dates and Exam Schedule.
- The XLRI has released XAT 2020 notification and application form on August 23, 2019.
- Candidates should fill in the XAT 2020 application form by providing valid details and paying registration fee from August 23, 2019 to November 30, 2019.
- The last date for XAT 2020 registration with late fee is December 7, 2019.
- XAT 2020 admit card for online test will be issued to the eligible candidates from December 20, 2019 and it ramins available to download till January 5, 2019.
- XAT 2020 exam scheduled to be held on January 5, 2020.
- The announcement of XAT 2020 result will be released through online mode on January 16, 2020.
XAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility requirements for XAT 2020.
- Age limit: There is no age limit for the candidates to appear for XAT 2020, at the same time, candidates cannot seek a seat in the college based on seniority in age.
- Education: The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years degree in any subject. It is a must requirement to be eligible for appearing for XAT. Candidates who are in final year of their graduation can also apply for XAT provided they will be completing the course by June 2020.
- Foreign Students: GMAT Scores are also accepted for Foreigners and NRIs to take admission in XLRI institutes.
XAT 2020 Registration
XAT 2020 registration and application: Candidates who intend to appear for XAT, can submit their application online via their official website. There are 3 stages for XAT 2020 application process
The first step would be registration which requires basic information of the candidate such as name and contact details. This will generate your login details to log in the website and fill the application form for XAT 2020.
XAT 2020 Application form:
XAT application form will require your personal details, educational qualification and professional details, if employed; along with the image of photo and signature.
|Events||Registration Fee||Course Fee|
|Without Late Registration Fee||Rs. 1650||Rs. 300 for each course|
|Late Registration Fee||Rs. 2000||Rs. 500 for each course|
XAT also allows for late online application. The fee is higher for late submission of application. The payment can be made online with the help of net banking or by Credit Card, Debit Card or by using offline modes such as Cash and Demand Draft. The DD should be in favor of ‘XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT’ and it should be payable at any bank.
XLRI has released a detailed guide and easy steps for XAT 2020 Registration and Application form process. Find below the step by step guide for XAT 2020 registration:
- Step-1: Registration – Go to XAT 2020 official website xatonline.in and Register yourself to get XAT 2020 ID and Password
- Step-2: Personal Details – Provide all essential personal details while Fill in the XAT 2020 Application Form
- Step-3: Academics – Also provide education details from class 10 to higher education.
- Step-4: Work Experience – Make sure to enter Work Experience after Graduation in application form.
- Step-5: Programmes – Enter your choices of XLRI programmes and test city
- Step-6: Payment – Make fee Payment using online payment gateway to complete the XAT 2020 Registration.
XAT 2020 Admit card
XAT 2020 admit card can be downloaded before the exam date. It is your entry ticket to the exam center. Don’t forget to carry with you on the day of exam. XAT admit card will have candidate details along with the photo.
XAT admit card 2020 would be available online from 20th December 2019. The process for download is completely online and XLRI will not be sending any admit card through post. For downloading, a candidate needs to login with their credentials and download the XAT 2020 admit card.
XAT 2020 Admit card is one of the important document that candidate needs to take to the exam center and preserve it till the end of the process. The Process to download the XAT 2020 admit card is detailed below:
Steps to Download XAT 2020 Admit Card
- Go to the XAT 2020 official website
- Click on the icon ‘download XAT 2020 admit card’
- Enter the XAT 2020 id and the password
- Also enter strings as shown on generated captcha image.
- Click on login button to view and download XAT 2020 admit card.
- The admit card is downloaded now, take the print out of the same
XAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Below are some of the highly recommended preparation tips for XAT 2020 to clear the exam.
Preparation strategy: XAT has been changing its exam pattern. Solve previous years question papers to get an idea about the upcoming exam. People opting to write CAT will find it easy to write XAT as many sections will be similar. XAT Mock tests and XAT sample papers are the backbone of your study material. You can also join a coaching institute which provides you study material as hardcopy and guides you to clear the test.
Tips for Essay writing: This is online computer based test which carries 3 marks. The candidate has to complete the test in 20 mins or less. The essay should have about 200 words with good lines on the subject of discussion and there should be good flow of words and easy to understand. There is no negative marking in essay writing which is the 98th question.
Online test series: Opt for XAT online test series to easily crack the exam. Solve as many mock text papers as possible. It helps in improving your problem solving ability and practice to complete paper on time. You can work on previous years question papers or other study materials which are available in the market.
XAT 2020 Results
XAT 2019 result will be declared on January 16, 2020. Candidates can check their XAT 2020 results and download scorecard as well by login with XAT ID and password.
Steps to Check XAT 2019 Result and Download Scorecard
- Go to XAT 2020 official website: xatonline.in
- Login using your XAT ID and password
- Then, select candidate score card.
- Finally, click on “download your score card” link.
- In XAT 2020 score card, you can view your percentile and score as well.
Before making announcement of result XAT releases the answer key of the conducted exam. Candidates can check result on the official portal of XAT. One can login using XAT ID, password, date of exam and security code. You can also download the score card. The maximum percentile which can be achieved in XAT is 99.9 and not 100.
The official answer key will be available at the website in the 3rd week of January, 2020. The results for XAT 2020 will come out in the 1st week of February, 2020. All the aspiring candidates are suggested to visit the official website for more info.
XAT 2020 Cut off marks
Candidates are required to score at least 93 to get into SPJIMR and 96 to get into XLRI. In case candidate scores less in XAT then they should have high percentile. A good XAT helps you in getting admission into top most MBA colleges of India such as Great Lakes, LIBA, TAPMI, XIMB, BIMTECH, IMT to name a few.
XAT 2020 Syllabus
|Part A||English Language and Logical Reasoning||72||170 min|
|Part B||General Knowledge||25||35 min|
This computer based online test is of 215 minutes. XAT syllabus is not provided as a list of chapters, the candidate should have vast knowledge about the subject to get through the exam.
Majorly XAT has two parts,
- Part I: Verbal Ability (English Vocabulary, sentence formation etc), Reading, Logic, Reasoning; Decision Making ability, Aptitude test & Interpretation of given data
- Part II: GK and Essay Writing
Part I is the scoring section which determines candidates eligibility and also percentile. GK and essay writing can be on any of the current affairs topic. There will be a gap of 5 mins between the two papers.
All the questions will be multiple choice questions (MCQs) except for essay which is descriptive. Score of general knowledge will be assessed only at the time of admission, so better concentrate on remaining subjects. This mean 97 marks are to be scored from multiple choice questions (MCQs) and 3 marks from essay writing.
This exam has negative marking. Each correct answer carries 1 mark and each wrong answer carries 0.25 marks. If more than 8 questions are untried, then a negative mark of 0.05 will be applicable.
Topic Wise XAT 2020 Syllabus
|Verbal and Logical Ability||Reading comprehension and vocabulary, analogy based on vocabulary, para Jumble, grammar, critical reasoning and inference, para completion, etc.|
|Decision Making||Decision making, analogy, seating arrangement, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, etc.|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Tables and caselets, percentage, surds and indices, algebra, mensuration, bar diagrams, pie charts, etc.|
|General Knowledge||Science, economy, business, politics, static GK, sports, prize and award, world, government, constitution of India, etc|
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- 74 MCQs and 25 General knowledge questions will be given in part 1 and 2 of XAT 2020.
- The total time duration of XAT 2020 test will be 210 minutes.
- Each question equally carries 1 mark.
- XAT 2020 has negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer marked by a candidate.
- If a candidate left more than 12 questions, then there will be 0.05 negative mark will be applicable for each unattempted question.
- The XAT Part 1 further devided into 3 sections they are Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning (26 questions), Decision Making (21 questions) and Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation (27 questions)
- XAT Part 1 has a total of 74 multiple choice questions with 165 minutes time duration.
- XAT Part 2 has 25 questions from general knowledge section and 15 minutes allotted to complete this section.
XAT 2020 Selection Process
XAT 2020 selection process comprise 4 steps that are mentioned below.
Step 1: Take XAT 2020 exam
Aspirants need to appear for XAT 2020 test. To take a test, every single candidate should complete XAT 2020 registration.
Step 2: Be in the Shortlist
XAT 2020 result will declare on January 16, 2020 along with cut off marks and shortlist of selected candidates. Be in the selected list to participate in the next round.
Step 3: Participate in GD, PI and Essay Writing
To get admission into any XLRI, SPJIMR and other 150+ B Schools, shortlisted candidates should participate in GD, PI and Essay Writing and get good score. Personal Interview will be conducted for admissions into PGDM (BM), PGDM (HRM) and PGDM (GM) programs and it’ll take place between February and March in different cities such as Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur.
Step 4: Final Selection for Admissions
XLRI will release the final list with selected candidates for admission to the management programmes in XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB or B-schools.
The selected candidates are offered admission to the management programmes in participating institutes.