TNPSC Group 1 notification 2020 and apply online: TNPSC has published TNPSC group 1 notification 2020 PDF on tnpsc.gov.in. TNPSC group 1 exam date 2020 is out and prelims exam will be conducted on April 5, 2020 while the mains exam will be held in July 2020.
TNPSC group 1 notification 2020 (short notice) out. TNPSC Group 1 exam (date officially released) will be conducted on April 5, 2020. Apply online from January 20, 2020 to February 19, 2020 at tnpscexams.in.
TNPSC group 1 Apply Online 2020 – Apply Here
TNPSC group 1 syllabus 2020 – Get Here
The last date for group 1 online application is February 19, 2020. Eligible candidates can apply online for TNPSC Group-1 2020 exam from January 20, 2020 to February 19, 2020 at tnpscexams.in. TNPSC group 1 exam is conducted in 3 phases which includes prelims exam, mains exam and interview.
You would like to apply online for TNPSC group 1 exam 2020? Here is all you need to know about TNPSC civil services exam notification, exam dates, eligibility criteria, online application form, last date, syllabus, exam pattern, hall ticket, selection process and result.
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2020
TNPSC has released TNPSC group 1 notification 2020 for 134 vacancies. TNPSC group 1 application form 2020 will available from January 20 to Februaty 19, 2020. To apply online, candidates should register at tnpscexams.in by paying one time registration and exam fees.
TNPSC group 1 prelims exam 2020 to be conducted April 5, 2020. Candidates requires to clear the prelims exam to appear for mains exam, which is expected to be held in July 2020.
|Exam Name||TNPSC Group 1 2020|
|Exam Type||State Level Exam|
|Exam Date||Prelims exam: April 5, 2020.|
Main exam: July 2020.
|Language||Tamil and English|
|TNPSC Help desk||044-25332833|
The candidates will be selected based on their performance in prelims exam, main exam, and oral test.
Stage 1 – TNPSC group 1 prelims exam will be conducted for 300 marks with 200 objective type questions. The marks scored in prelims exam are consider to qualify to main exam only.
Stage 2 – Selected candidates in prelims exam will be called to give mains exam, which carries three papers for 250 marks each. Only 1 out of 50 candidates will go through to give mains exam.
Stage 3 – An interview to be held for the candidates, who clear main exam. Finaly a merit list with selected candidates for group 1 services to be published by considering marks of mains exam and interview together.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Date 2020
TNPSC group 1 Exam Dates 2020 have been released by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) at tnpsc.gov.in. Check prelims and mains exam dates for TNPSC group 1 2020 recruitment exam.
|TNPSC Group 1 2020||Tentative Date|
|TNPSC Group 1 Application||January 20, 2020|
|TNPSC Group 1 Apply last date||February 19, 2020|
|TNPSC Group 1 Hall Ticket 2020||March 2020|
|TNPSC Group 1 exam date 2020 – Prelims||April 5, 2020|
|TNPSC Group 1 results – prelims||April 2020|
|TNPSC Group 1 exam date 2020 – Mains||July 2020|
|TNPSC Group 1 results – Mains||August 2020|
|Oral test||September 2020|
|Merit list||November 2020|
Let us look at the TNPSC Group 1 exam date and all important dates.
- TNPSC has published official TNPSC group 1 notification 2020 for 134 vacancies at www.tnpsc.gov.in.
- TNPSC group 1 application form is available from January 20, 2020 to February 19, 2020. Make sure to apply online before the last date – February 19, 2020.
- TNPSC Group 1 exam for prelims will be conducted April 5, 2020 and it has 200 objective type questions for 300 marks.
- TNPSC Group 1 hall tickets will be issued to the eligible candidates from the last week of February 2020 and results will be declared in April 2020.
- TNPSC group 1 main exam will be held in July 2020 and results for the same to be declared in August 2020.
- Selected candidates in mains exam will be called for oral test, whicj scheduled to held in September 2020.
- Merit list of selected candidates for TNPSC group 1 services to be published in November 2020.
TNPSC Group 1 Apply Online 2020
TNPSC Group 1 apply online – TNPSC group 1 application form process has started on January 20, 2020 and the last date to apply online is February 19, 2020. Here is the step-by-step guide for TNPSC group 1 registration:
- Register for TNPSC one time registration at tnpscexams.in
- Sign in with TNPSC login ID and password.
- Now, click on ‘Current Application’ then ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Select TNPSC Group 1 Services.
- Enter and verify your educational qualifications, address to communicate and exam center details.
- Check and confirm declation by clicking on “I agree to finally submit my online application”.
- Then, move to next step that proceed to payment section.
- Select payment mode option from debit card / credit card / NEFT and proceed further to make payment .
- After making payment successfully, print your TNPSC group 1 application for future reference.
The TNPSC one time registration fee is ₹150 and the prelims exam fee is Rs. 100. 1 out of 50 candidates will be selected for mains exam based on cut off marks in group 1 prelims exam. Selected candidates in preliminary exam once again need to register for mains exam by submitting online application with fee of ₹200.
Eligible candidates can apply for TNPSC group 1 exam 2020 on the official website i.e. tnpscexams.in. Here candidates need to complete one time registration then submit online application form by paying fee.
The TNPSC Group 1 application fee can be paid by online or offline methods by the applicant.
SBI Online Payment: The online mode of payment can be done by debit card, credit card should be issued by the either Master or Visa only to make successful payment.
SBI Offline Payment: The offline mode of payment can be done by the pay slips at SBI bank. Candidates have to download the pay slips & deposit the fee in cash at nearby SBI Banks branch. Candidates should not forget to take the payment receipt from the bank.
While uploading photo and signature of the candidate, make sure that it has required file size and dimensions to smoothly get acceptance of the TNPSC group 1 application form 2020.
Below find out the TNPSC group 1 Image size, dimensions and file format for photo and signature.
- Dimensions 165 x 123 pixels (preferred).
- Image file size should be below 50 KB.
- Image file should be JPG or GIF format
- Dimensions 80 x 125 pixels (preferred).
- Image file size should be below 20 KB.
- Image file should be JPG or GIF format.
TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility 2020
I. Age limit as on July 1, 2020
The age of a candidates must be between 21 and 32 years as on July 1, 2020. However, the maximum age limit for SC/ST/MBC category candidates is 37 years. TNPSC has provided further age relaxation for PWD (10 years relaxation) and Ex-Servicemen (max age of 53 years) category applicants.
II. Education qualification as on January 1, 2020
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from recognized college/university as on January 1, 2020. The final year students are also eligible to apply for these posts.
III. Physical qualification
For Deputy Superintendent of Police and District Officer vacancy, the candidates should meet the specific physical qualifications. Check the official TNPSC group 1 notification 2020 for further details on physical qualification requirements such as height, weight and chest measurement.
IV. Knowledge in Tamil language
For all TNPSC group 1 posts, a candidate should be proficient in the Tamil language.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2020
TNPSC group 1 syllabus 2020 for prelims and main exams with exam pattern has announced. TNPSC Group 1 syllabus 2020 for preliminary exam has 200 objective type questions for 300 marks, out of which 150 were from general studies section, and remaining 50 questions from aptitude & mental ability test section. The toal duration of the test is 3 hours.
Here’s TNPSC group 1 prelims syllabus 2020:
|Subject||Duration||Maximum marks||Number of questions|
|General Studies (degree standard)||3 hours||300||150 items|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability|
Test (S.S.L.C. Std.)
TNPSC Group 1 prelims exam tests the candidates knowledge in General Studies and Aptitude & Mental Ability sections. A minimum of 120 marks required to qualify in the TNPSC group 1 exam for general category candidates while 90 marks is enough to go through this exam for others.
Find below the detailed TNPSC group 1 mains syllabus 2020:
|S.N||Exam Type||Paper||Duration||Max. Marks|
|1.||Descriptive Type||Paper-I||3 Hours for each Paper||250|
|Interview & Records||100|
TNPSC group 1 mains exam is further divided into 3 papers. Each paper equally carries 250 marks and 3 hours time duration. All questions are descriptive type and will be given from degree standard.
The final selection for the TNPSC group 1 services posts will be done through prelims and main exams followed by oral test.
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern
- TNPSC group 1 prelims exam carries 300 marks for 200 objective type questions.
- Prelims is a obejective paper and qualifying nature only.
- TNPSC will select candidates to main exam in the ration of 1:50.
- TNPSC group 1 mains exam carries 3 descriptive papers for 250 marks each.
- There will be no negative marks in both the prelims and main exams.
- In each stage, applicant should qualify to give interview and it carries 100 marks.
TNPSC Group 1 Hall Ticket 2020
TNPSC group 1 hall ticket 2020 for prelims exam will be released by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission tentatively from the last week of March 2020 and prelims exam will be conducted on April 5, 2020.
Eligible candidates can download TNPSC group 1 hall ticket 2020 by entering application ID and date of birth at tnpsc.gov.in.
Here’s the process to download hall ticket for TNPSC group 1 exam 2020:
- Go to the TNPSC website, http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/halltkt.html
- Next, click on download TNPSC group 1 hall ticket 2020.
- Enter your TNPSC group 1 application ID and date of birth.
- Then click on “submit” button.
- Your hall ticket will be generated, download/print it.
A separate admit card for mains exam will be released in August 2020 for selected candidates in the prelims exam.
TNPSC Group 1 Result 2020
TNPSC Group 1 result 2020 with marks for preliminary exam will be released in April 2020. Test takers can check their marks and result status by entering register number at tnpsc.gov.in.
Steps to check TNPSC Group 1 result 2020:
- Go to TNPSC results official website i.e. http://tnpsc.gov.in/results.html
- Click on check TNPSC group 1 results link, then you will be redirected to a new page.
- Now enter your registration number and click on the Submit button.
- Your rank position along with secured marks will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a print out of the result for the reference purpose.
Only 1 out of 50 candidates will be selected for mains exam, thet scheuled to held in July 2020 and result for the same to be declared in August 2020. The final result for group 1 services to be released in November 2020 by considering marks in mains exam and interview together.
TNPSC Group 1 – FAQ
What is the age limit for TNPSC Group 1?
TNPSC Group 1 age limit is 21 to 32 years. There is further 5 years relexation in age limit for SC/ST/BC/MBC category candidates.
How to apply for TNPSC Group 1 exam?
To apply for TNPSC Group 1 2020 notification, candidates should visit tnpscexams.in, then click on apply online. Next, login and complete filling of TNPSC group 1 application form 2020.
What is the Salary of TNPSC Group 1 officer?
The basic per month salary of TNPSC group 1 officer starts at ₹56100 (TA, DA and HRA will be extra) and can go on to reach ₹177500 for a cabinet secretary.
How to clear TNPSC Group 1 in first attempt?
To clear TNPSC group 1 exam in the first attempt, simply create a flexible study plan, make notes and revise regularly.More over, take online mock tests to enhance your performance.
What is the fees for TNPSC Group 1?
The TNPSC Group 1 exam fee is Rs. 100 and registration fee is Rs. 150 for general category candidates.
What is the last date for TNPSC Group 1 application?
The last date to TNPSC group 1 application is February 19, 2020. Online registration for group 1 exam has started on January 20, 2020.
Is TNPSC Group 1 exam difficult?
It is very toughest exam compared to group 1 exam. However, it can be easily cracked with our most well known TNPSC group 1 preparation tips.
What is cut off marks for TNPSC Group 1 exam?
90 marks are the minimum qualifying cut off marks for TNPSC Group 1 prelims exam. Candidates with minimum qualifying marks will be allowed for mains exam followed by Interview.
How to download TNPSC Group 1 hall ticket 2020?
The candidates can download TNPSC Group 1 hall ticket 2020 for prelims exam by providing application ID and date of birth.
How to Check TNPSC Group 1 Results 2020?
Test takers can check their TNPSC Group 1 Results 2020 along with their obtained score and cut off marks on the TNPSC official website tnpsc.gov.in by entering their application number.