MAT 2019 – December Exam date and Registration: MAT 2019 exam (December session) will be conducted on December 8, 2019 in PBT (paper based exam) mode and December 14, 2019 in CBT (computer based exam) mode. The admit card for MAT 2019 December which was conducted in PBT mode was available from December 2, 2019 while for CBT mode it will be out on December 10, 2019.
MAT 2019 exam dates has been released by AIMA for December-2019 session. MAT PBT and CBT exams has scheduled to be conduct on December 8, 2019 and December 18, 2019 respectively. MAT 2019 registration opened on October 7, 2019 and the last date to submit online application form is December 6, 2019 for CBT mode and December 1, 2019 for PBT mode.
About MAT Exam – 2019
MAT (Management Aptitude test) exam is conducted 4 times in a year i.e. February, May, September, and December by the All India Management Association (AIMA). it is a standard aptitude test that is accepted across India for admission to B schools. More than 600 MBA schools accept the score of MAT as an entrance test. MAT exam score is valid for a year and the person can appear for exam multiple times. The highest marks scored in the MAT exam are considered for the admission. The candidate can apply for 5 colleges as per their choice without paying any extra admission fee.
MAT 2019 Notification – December Exam
MAT 2019 notification for December exam has released by AIMA at mat.aima.in with complete exam schedule. Online registration has strated on October 7, 2019 and ends on December 1, 2019 for PBT and December 6, 2019 for PBT.
MAT is also recognized by Ministry of HRD, Govt of India. Any B school whether it a national or international can accept the score of MAT as a part of admission process. The exam is conducted as a paper- based or a computer-based exam.
The candidate can choose the mode of the exam based on his preference. The exam is conducted on two separate dates. Apart from this, AIMA has also allowed taking both paper and computer-based exam by giving an additional fee.
To register for MAT exam 2019, check the eligibility, registration, exams dates, syllabus, admit card, cut off, result, etc.
MAT Registration 2019 – December Exam
MAT 2019 registration: MAT registration 2019 for December exam would start on October 7, 2019. The offline procedure of registration has stopped now and the process is completely online. The fee for appearing for the exam whether paper based or computer-based is Rs 1550/ which is inclusive of GST. For candidates who want to apply for both paper and computer-based exam can pay a fee of Rs. 2650.
In order to fill the MAT application form 2019, the candidate needs to fill the form using this user id and password. Following is the detailed procedure for the registration of MAT December exam:
Step 1 : MAT Registration
A new candidate appearing for the MAT exam needs to login to the AIMA website and click on the new candidate to log in. Candidate needs to fill the details in order to log in and click on submit. The candidate needs to have a valid email id in order to register. A confirmation mail will also be sent to the registered email. The date of birth and email id entered will be used to login and fill the application process.
Step 2: Fill MAT Application form 2019
After receiving the MAT registration number. You need to log in using the registered id.
- Please fill all the details carefully as the details would be used to see the eligibility criterion.
- After filling the details, please make sure to save the information.
- In case you need to edit any information, please log in using the email id and the date of birth and edit the information. Save the information after editing the information.
Step 3: Upload photograph and Signature
Make sure to upload recently captured colored photograph and signature in the right image format with below given dimensions.
|Photograph|| Minimum size not less than 50 KB.|
Max size not more than 100 KB.
|Scanned copy of color photograph recently taken (within 6 months) in JPEG/JPG format only|
|Signature|| Minimum size not less than 10 KB.|
Max. size not more than 25 KB.
|Scanned copy of signature in black or blue inked pen only and in JPEG/JPG format only|
Photograph: Upload a recent colored photograph on the form. Make sure that the picture is of good quality and should be taken on a light background. The picture should be in a jpg or jpeg format and should have a maximum size of 75kb.
Signature: Sign on a blank white paper with a black ink. Scan the paper and make sure to take only the required area of the page and not the entire page. The sign should be proper and should match with the signature at the time of writing the exam; otherwise, the candidature will be canceled. The picture should be in a jpg or jpeg format and should have a maximum size of 50kb.
Step 4: Make Payment
|Mode||MAT Application Fee|
|Single paper (either PBT or CBT)||Rs. 1550/-|
|Both PBT & CBT||Rs. 2650/-|
Payment of the MAT December 2019 can be done through online mode only. The payment for the exam is Rs. 1550 or Rs. 2650 as per the choice of the candidate. One can make the online payment using debit/credit care or online payment. Once the payment for the exam is made, the candidate cannot change the details provided.
Step 5: View MAT Application summary
The MAT application process is complete now. You can view the application details by clicking on the “view application summary” and can take the print out of the same for future reference.
MAT December 2019 Exam Date
|Events||MAT 2019 Dates|
|MAT 2019 December registrations start||October 7, 2019|
|Last date of registration for PBT mode exam||December 1, 2019|
|Last date of registration for CBT mode exam||December 6, 2019|
|Availability of admit card for PBT mode MAT exam||December 2, 2019 ( 4:00 pm onwards)|
|Availability of admit card for CBT mode MAT exam||December 10, 2019 ( 4:00 pm onwards)|
|MAT 2019 December exam (PBT)||December 8, 2019|
|MAT 2019 December exam (CBT)||December 14, 2019|
|Result declaration||To be announced|
Let us look at the MAT 2019 Exam date and schedule.
- MAT 2019 exam date for December session has released and it’s likely to be held on December 2, 2019 for paper based test and December 10, 2019 for computer based test.
- The MAT 2019 registration forms will be released on October 7, 2019 & the applicants will be able to submit the application form till the last date i.e. December 1 & 6, 2019.
- The Last date for MAT 2019 registration is December 1, 2019 for PBT and December 6, 2019 for PBT.
- The admit card for MAT 2019 will be released to the eligible candidates on December 2, 2019 for PBT and December 10, 2019 for PBT modes.
- MAT 2019 December exam (PBT mode) will be expected to conduct on December 8, 2019 and whereas CBT mode it will take place on December 14, 2019.
- The announcement of MAT 2019 result will be released at mat.aima.in in January 2020.
MAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
MAT eligibility criteria: Eligibility criterion for MAT exam are listed below.
- Candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university as per the government of India such as a Bachelor’s degree OR A professional degree like CA/CS/ICWA.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation can also apply for the MAT exam
- There is no age limit for appearing for the MAT exam.
- The percentage cut off of the marks in graduation is dependent on the college to which admission is sought.
- Procedure for conversion of CGPA or grades to percentage is as per the guidelines of the respective college/university
- Candidate should have a valid email id and phone number which will be used throughout the admission process
- Candidates appearing in the final year of graduation and appearing for the MAT exam need to submit the provisional certificate by the principal/registrar that the candidate has completed all the formalities. For the graduation exam.
MAT Preparation 2019
MAT 2019 Preparation: Preparing for MAT exam paper includes the knowledge of the exam pattern. The pattern of the exam has remained unchanged for a long time now. So, it is easy to get acquainted with the exam pattern and the type of questions.
To prepare for the MAT exam it is important to choose the right material and books for preparation and to identify the areas of your expertise. Following methodology should be used for preparing for MAT exam.
- MAT sample paper, it is important to go through the sample papers and have the practice of the exam pattern
- Choose the right material for exam preparation. You should also spend sufficient time in analyzing the solutions given in the study material. One can also use certain websites for preparing for the exam
- Mock tests: It is also important to go through the sit for mock tests to get a real feel of the exam and its questions and also prepare as per the time available.
MAT Syllabus 2019
MAT Syllabus and exam pattern: There is no predefined syllabus for MAT December 2019. However, it covers the following sections and topics as mentioned below:
|Section:||No. of Questions:||Suggested time ( min)|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
- Language comprehension: This includes various questions which cover grammar based questions, reading comprehension, English proficiency, and para jumble, fill in the blanks etc.
- Intelligence and critical reasoning: This section includes questions related to fact, inference and judgement, Passage summary, analogy etc.
- Mathematical skill: This includes a wide range of topics of mathematics including basic mathematics, arithmetic, ratio and proportion, speed –distance –time, mensuration, coordinate geometry, trigonometry, profit and loss, unitary method, permutation, and combination etc.
- Data analysis and sufficiency: This includes questions on comprehending tables, bars, and charts, Venn diagrams etc.
- Indian and global environment: This covers a very wide range and can have questions on Economics, finance, topics ranging from national and international current affairs. Questions also test the general knowledge of the person.
MAT exam overall consists of 5 sections of 40 questions each. The sections of the MAT exam include-
- Language comprehension
- Intelligence and critical reasoning
- Data analysis and sufficiency
- Mathematical skills
- Indian and global environment
The total duration of the exam is 150 minutes. The first 4 sections are more important as they are used for the determination of the rank and percentile while the marks for the 5th category are separately mentioned in the scorecard. Candidate should divide time as per their comfort and speed in the respective sections.
Marking scheme: MAT has multiple choice questions consisting of four options. For every correct answer, 1 mark is awarded while for every wrong answer 1/4th mark is cut. The candidate can choose the order of the sections as per their convenience.
MAT 2019 Admit Card for December Exam
MAT Admit Card 2019: MAT December 2019 admit card can be downloaded from the official AIMA site. The candidate can download the admit card on the specific date as per the preference selected (paper-based or computer-based test). Candidate can download the MAT 2019 admit card by entering the registration number and date of birth. Admit card contains candidate’s name, form no. roll no., test date, time and venue.
To download MAT December 2019 admit card, a candidate should provide any two of the following details.
- Registration No
- Date of Birth
The candidate should strictly follow the time and venue mentioned on the admit card. Candidate should remember to take the admit card along with him to the venue. After downloading the admit card, the candidate should check for the details on the admit card.
- The name should be same as entered on the form
- The form number is the same as registration number
- Roll number is issued before the MAT exam and should be noted and saved somewhere
- Date, time and venue of the exam should be carefully checked and adhered to.
- Admit card should be downloaded and saved somewhere as it is a mandatory document till the results and the admissions to the college.
MAT 2019 Result for December Exam
MAT result 2019: the results of the MAT December 2019 can be checked on the website by putting the roll number, form numbers and the time of the exam. After clicking on the submit button, the candidate can see the composite score, percentile as well as the marks and percentile in the respective section.
Candidates can access the MAT December results 2019 by entering their 9 digits Roll Number and Registration form number. MAT December 2019 Result and score card can be checked on the AIMA website.
To download MAT December 2019 Result, Refer the following Procedure to check the MAT Result 2019.
Steps to check MAT 2019 Result
- Login to AIMA result page: https://apps.aima.in/mat_input_result.aspx
- Enter your 9 digits Roll Number and Registration form number.
- Select Month of Test as “December 2019”.
- Finally, click on submit to check your MAT December result 2019.
MAT 2019 Cut-offs
MAT Cut off 2019 for colleges that accepting 75 percentile and above.
|College||MAT cut off percentile score|
|IES Management College and Research Centre, Mumbai||80|
|IPE Hyderabad: Institute of Public Enterprise||80|
|KIIT School of Management, Bhubaneswar||80|
|SIES College of Management Studies, Mumbai||80|
|International School of Business and Media, Pune||80|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||75|
|Institute of Management, Christ University||75|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||75|
|New Delhi Institute of Management, Delhi||75|
|AIMS Institutes, Bangalore||70-75|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||70-75|
|Indus Business Academy, Bangalore||70-75|
This is the minimum percentile student needs to score in order to get admission in the desired participating institute. Cut-offs keep on changing from year to year based on the level of exam and the performance of students.
MAT 2019 Test Centers/Cities
AIMA has released a list of MAT test centers all over the country for MAT December 2019. Apart from this, Dubai and Singapore are also included as abroad test centers for MAT exam 2019. Below is the list, which shows the test centers for paper based and computer based MAT exam.
|State/ UT name||Test city name||Test mode|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijayawada||Only paper based|
|Visakhapatnam||Only paper based|
|Assam||Guwahati||Only paper based|
|Jorhat||Only paper based|
|Silchar||Only paper based|
|Bihar||Patna||Only paper based|
|Bhagalpur||Only paper based|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||Paper and computer based|
|Chhattisgarh||Bilaspur||Only paper based|
|Raipur||Only paper based|
|Delhi||Delhi(NCR)||Paper and computer based|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad||Paper and computer based|
|Haryana||Ambala||Only paper based|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla||Only paper based|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||Only paper based|
|Srinagar||Only paper based|
|Jharkhand||Jamshedpur||Only paper based|
|Ranchi||Only paper based|
|Karnataka||Belagavi||Only paper based|
|Mangaluru||Only paper based|
|Kerala||Ernakulam||Paper and computer-based|
|Kottayam||Only paper based|
|Kozhikode||Only paper based|
|Palakkad||Only paper based|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Only paper based|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||Paper and computer-based|
|Indore||Only paper based|
|Gwalior||Only paper based|
|Jabalpur||Only paper based|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||Paper and computer based|
|Nagpur||Only paper based|
|Pune||Only paper based|
|Manipur||Imphal||Only paper based|
|Mizoram||Aizwal||Only paper based|
|Nagaland||Dimapur||Only paper based|
|Orissa||Bhubaneswar||Only paper based|
|Rourkela||Only paper based|
|Sambalpur||Only paper based|
|Punjab||Ludhiana||Only paper based|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||Paper and computer based|
|Udaipur||Only paper based|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||Paper and computer based|
|Coimbatore||Only paper based|
|Madurai||Only paper based|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra||Only paper based|
|Allahabad||Only paper based|
|Bareilly||Only paper based|
|Ghaziabad||Only paper based|
|Kanpur||Only paper based|
|Meerut||Only paper based|
|Varanasi||Only paper based|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun||Only paper based|
|Haridwar||Only paper based|
|Haldwani||Only paper based|
|Srinagar (Garhwal)||Only paper based|
|West Bengal||Durgapur||Only paper based|
|Kolkata||Paper and computer-based|
|Siliguri||Only paper based|
MAT Exam 2019 – FAQ
Who conducts MAT exam?
Management Aptitude Test aka MAT exam conducted by the All India Management Association to give admissions into 600 business schools across India. AIMA conducts MAT exam 4 times in a year i.e. February, May, September, and December.
How MAT exam is conducted?
MAT exam will conducted in both online and offline modes. Generally, MAT online test is called as Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and offline as Paper Based Test (PBT) mode.
What is the age criteria to take MAT exam?
There is no min and max age required to take MAT exam. A candidates should have completed graduation degree to register for the exam.
What is the MAT registration fee?
MAT registration fee is Rs: 1550 for either CBT or PBT and Rs. 2650 for both PBT & CBT exams.
How many colleges accepts MAT exam?
Currently over 600 colleges/institutes accepting MAT exam scores.