NEET 2020 Application form, Notification: NEET 2020 is a national level medical entrance examination which is conducted by the NTA across India. The NEET exam is conducted once in a year. Candidates who get through NEET can apply in any graduate medical course such as MBBS and BDS in government and private medical colleges in India.
Application form for NEET 2020 was released on December 1, 2019 and exam to be conducted on May 3, 2020. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is responsible for conducting exams and declaration of results.
Key Highlights of NEET 2020.
- NTA has decided to conduct NEET exam once a year and that too in offline mode.
- NEET 2020 application form will available from December 2-31, 2019.
- NEET 2020 is the popular medical entrance exam in India with over 15,00,000 test takers to give the exam for MBBS and BDS admissions.
- NTA conducts NEET exam once in a year in offline pen and paper mode.
- NEET 2020 exam date is May 3, 2020 and admit card to be released on March 27, 2020.
- NTA will release NEET result and scorecard on June 4, 2020.
For all those candidates who are looking forward to applying for NEET 2020 must be familiar with the exam pattern, online registration process, application correction last date, counselling procedure, exams dates, syllabus, admit card, exam duration, cut off as well as result.
NEET 2020 Notification
The NTA has released NEET 2020 notification and Registration process to fill in the application form has started on December 1, 2019. Candidates can register on NTA NEET official website before the last date – December 31, 2019.
NEET also stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is a medical entrance exam conducted every year to help candidates get admission in MBBS and BDS courses all over India. The exam is mainly conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) and is considered as the qualifying test for medical courses. Candidates can register themselves once the registration for NEET 2020 starts. They can give the exam via offline mode.
All the candidates who are seeking admission in Medical colleges in abroad must also qualify NEET UG Exam 2020. To check the notification, aspiring candidates can visit the official website to know more about the exam dates, eligibility, educational qualification and fees.
NEET 2020 Exam Date
The following table shows the all important dates of NEET 2020 – officially released.
|NEET 2020 application starts||December 2, 2019|
|Last date of Application||December 31, 2019|
|Last date to pay application fee||December 31, 2019|
|Correction Window Open||January 2020|
|NEET 2020 Admit card releases||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam date||May 3, 2020|
|Answer key Release||May 10, 2020|
|Declaration of NEET result||June 4, 2020|
|Counselling begins||June 2020|
Let us look at the NEET 2020 Exam date and Schedule.
- NEET 2020 application form has released on December 2, 2019 and the last date for registration would be December 31, 2019.
- NTA will allow for correction of NEET application in the second week of January 2020.
- NEET admit card 2020 will be released online on March 27, 2020 and remains available until the completion of exam.
- NEET 2020 exam date is May 3, 2020 and candidates will be given 3 hours to give the exam.
- The result of NEET exam will be out on June 4, 2020.
NEET 2020 Eligibility criteria
Candidates should check the following NEET 2020 eligibility criteria:
Age Limit: To give NEET 2020, a candidates should have minimum age of 17 years as on December 31, 2020 and there is no max age limit for the exam.
Nationality: Only Indian nationals are eligible to appear for NEET
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed XII or have written XII exam in 2020
Study of Subjects: Candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology or Biotechnology as main subjects in class XII and have/ had scored more than 55%.
NEET 2020 Application form
NEET 2020 application form has released on December 2, 2020 on the official website ntaneet.nic.in. The last date for submission of application form and fee payment is December 31, 2019.
Here is the step-by-step guide for NEET application form 2020.
Part I: Registration
This stage is to generate username name and password.
- Go to the website ntaneet.nic.in and check for the ‘Apply Online’ option.
- Click the details as requested such as candidate’s name as per certificates, date of birth, active mobile number and email ID.
- You will received username and password on the registered email ID and phone number.
Part II: Online Application
Log on to the website with the username and password as received. Go through the guidelines carefully before applying online for NEET 2020.
A. Application form will appear requesting for
- personal information and mailing address
- educational details
- preferred course (MBBS or MD)
- exam center
B. Upload Scanned Images
- After filing the above details candidates will be prompted to upload scanned photograph, sign and category certificate* (SC, ST, OBC, etc.).
- Recheck all the submitted details for errors and in discrepancies, as incorrect application may get rejected
- Once you are sure of submitting correct details click on the ‘Final Submit’ button
Part III: Application fee payment
- Fee structures varies depending upon the category fee for general category is INR 1400 and other its is INR 750
- Fees payment can be done by either offline mode or online mode
- Offline mode fee payment can be done via bank challans
- Online fee payment can be done by net banking, e wallets, credit card or debit card
- Take a receipt of the payment done as a proof for reference
Note: Once the payment is complete, you can take a print of the application form and keep it for future correspondences.
NEET Application Correction Window
To edit NEET application, NTA will open correction window in the first week of Januaary 2020. Candidates can edit and submit the same by clicking on final submit button. During this process an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number for final submission of your application form correction.
NEET 2020 Admit Card
NEET Admit Card 2020 download: NEET 2020 admit card will be released by NTA on ntaneet.nic.in. Now, candidates can download NEET 2020 dmit card from March 27, 2020 to June 4, 2020 and the exam will be conducted on June 4, 2020 in off line mode only. Candidate can get it by entering their application number, date of birth and the security pin.
Candidates who have successfully completed application form will get their admit card online from March 27, 2020. The admit cards can be downloaded from official website of NEET. Check the details carefully on the admit card such as name, date of birth, roll number and exam center address. It is your ticket to enter exam center, don’t forget to carry it on the day of exam.
Steps to download NEET Admit Card 2020
- Visit NTA NEET official website: ntaneet.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Download NEET 2020 Admit Card’
- Login with your application number, date of birth and the security pin.
- Now, click on submit button then NEET admit card will appear on screen.
- Once you get the admit card, take a print of it.
NEET Exam Centers
NEET will be conducted in 2546 exam centers across India in 154 cities. Candidates can select the exam center of choice. National Testing Agency tries to allocate the selected exam center. Your admit card will have the details of the allotted exam center along with the address.
|State||Exam City Code||Name of the City|
|Andaman and Nicobar||1101||Port Blair|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||1801||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Daman and Diu||1901||Daman|
|Jammu & Kashmir||2501||Jammu|
|West Bengal||4601||24 Pargana (North)|
NEET 2020 Syllabus
The exam will be conducted in four subjects Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany. Each subject will have 45 questions and a total of 180 questions. The NEET 2020 syllabus can be downloaded from NTA NEET website. The syllabus is based on class XI and XII. NCERT books should be referred thoroughly.
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
Concentrate on Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry and also on Genetics, Ecology, Physiology and Plant diversity topics. Physics is one of the difficult subject and concentrate on following topics Mechanics, Modern Electronics and Electronics.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
- This is an online exam which is usually conducted in the below mentioned 11 languages
- English, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada and Telugu
- Candidate will receive the question paper in the selected language.
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours (180 minutes), wherein each section will have a time limit of 45 minutes.
- Each question carries 4 marks and each incorrect answer deducts 1 mark.
- The un-attempted questions will not carry any kind of marking.
NEET 2020 Result
NEET Result 2020: NTA will release NEET 2020 Result on June 4, 2020 and students can get their score cards as well from NTA NEET official website. The score card will have marks of individual subjects and also the percentile. One can download the score card by logging with roll number, date of birth and security pin.
How to check NEET Result 2020
Simply follow the below given general procedure to check the NEET result 2020 and download scorecard as well.
- Click on the direct link of the NEET 2020 result.
- Enter roll number, date of birth and security pin.
- Then click on the submit button
- It displays your NEET score, All India Quota Rank for counselling and category rank and the most importantly the state rank as well.
- Finally, click on download button to get the result and a scorecard of NEET 2020.
Use our free NEET rank predictor tool to check your NEET rank. It estimates and displays rank range based on marks entered by you.
NEET 2020 Cut off
The cut off marks will be decided depending upon the number of test takers, availability of seats, reservations and difficulty level of the exam.
Here is the revised NEET cut off officially released by NTA.
|Category||Revised cutoff percentile||Lowered cutoff score||No. of candidates|
NEET Selection Process
- NTA issues two ranks All India rank and one for the State Level rank
- Candidates who have scored 50 percentile will be reflected in merit list and for SC/ST/OBC candidates 40 percentile is sufficient to make it into merit list
- If more number of candidates has scored less, then NTA and MCI decreases the qualifying percentile
- If more than one candidate has scored same marks, then ranking will be based on higher marks in biology, chemistry, number of wrong answer and finally age.
- 15% of highest scored candidates are eligible for seats under All India Quota.
NEET 2020 Counselling
NEET counselling 2020 for all India quota seats to begins in the second week of June 2020 and it will be conducted by MCC for MBBS and BDS seats. Here are the steps to follow starting from registration to final admission in NEET counselling 2020:
Step 1: Registration
The students must register for NEET counselling 2020 on the MCC official website by paying fee and filling choice for preferred colleges and courses.
Step 2: Lock choice for final allotment
After filling choice of preferences, simply save to lock it. Candidate receives seat allotment result to their registered email and mobile number.
Step 3: Seat allotment result
MCC will announce seat allotment result with allotted seats and colleges. Once allotment done, candidates have to decide to accept or upgrade before the last date.
Step 4: Accept or Upgrade seat
If a candidate fully satisfied with seat, then simply accept it. In case dissatisfied with seat, he/she can modify and lock preferences again on the MCC official website.
Step 5: Report at the allotted college
This is the final step in the NEET counselling, where candidates who are satisfied with the allotment of their seats, they can report at the allotted college for document verification and final admission.
NEET 2020 counselling (All India Quota Seats) will start from the second week of June 2020. Only qualified candidates in the NEET exam are eligible for admissions to medical programs such as MBBS, BDS, etc in the top most government and private medical colleges in India.
NEET 2020 Counselling for All India Quota Seats conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). It’s completely online process, counselling will be done in 2 rounds. In each round, the same procedure involved. Based on cut off marks, the candidate should complete the NEET Online registration process for counselling and based on choices, the admission to be given.
NEET 2020 Preparation Tips
Prepare for NEET 2020 with the following proven preparation tips to easily crack the exam.
- Start preparing for NEET 2020 with proper study plan.
- Covering entire NEET syllabus makes no sense, hence focus on important topics based on weighage in the exam.
- Make notes and revise continuously before go to sleep.
- Attempt NEET mock test to leverage your performance by identifying weak areas to improve.
- Be consistent to learn and solve problems.
- Refer recommended NEET books to crack the exam.
- Practice sample papers to identify your problem solving skills.
NEET 2020 – FAQ
How to clear NEET in the first attempt?
In order to clear the NEET in the first attempt, a student should have recommended study plan and preparation strategy that covers all important topics in Classes 11 and 12 of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Apart from these, prepare smartly and understand questions easily to clear the NEET exam.
What is total MBBS seats in India 2020?
With the addition of more MBBS seats in 2020, there are now 70693 MBBS seats for students who qualify the NEET exam 2020. Of this, 36863 seats are in 236 government medical colleges, while the remaining 33830 seats are in 260 private medical colleges. The NEET 2020 has 70693 MBBS seats in India.
Is there any age limit for NEET 2020?
No, there is no age limit to give NEET 2020.
How many marks required to get MBBS seat?
It depends on category of candidate and state, and having 600 score will be safe side to get MBBS seat in government medical college for general category candidates.
How many times can I attempt NEET?
There is no such restrictions to give the NEET exam. So you can attempt the exam as many times.
How many regional languages available in NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 question paper will be available in a total of 11 languages that includes English, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujrati, Oriya, Assamese, Kannada and Telugu.
What is registration fee for NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 registration fee is Rs 1400 for General or OBC category candidates. While for SC/ST/ PWD category candidates application fee is Rs 750 only.
Can i give NEET exam in Mumbai for Telugu medium question paper?
No, students have to choose their language and exam city in same state. If you want to give NEET exam in Telugu medium, then you need to select exam city in either Andhra or Telangana.
How to download NEET admit card 2020?
To download NEET admit card 2020, a candidate should visit NTA NEET official website and enter all required details such as application number, date of birth and the security pin.
How to check NEET result 2020?
Go to ntaneet.nic.in and enter your roll number, date of birth and security pin to check your NEET result 2020. You can also get score card as well.
How difficult is NEET 2020?
NEET 2020 will be more difficult to qualify with huge competition and less number of MBBS seats. To crack it, a candidate should prepare well and cover vast topics in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.