SBI PO 2020 Exam – SBI PO 2020 Notification pdf, exam date, apply Online: SBI PO Recruitment 2020 notification for 2000 PO vacancies has released on November 13, 2020. Eligible candidates can apply online for SBI PO 2020 from 14-11-2020 to 04-12-2020.
Feb 2021: SBI PO 2021 Mains Result will be released soon.
SBI PO 2020 Online Application form – Apply Online
SBI PO 2020 Notification PDF Download – Get Here
SBI PO Syllabus 2020 – Check Here
SBI PO Preparation 2020 – Check Here
SBI PO Admit Card 2020 out for Prelims- Download Here
SBI PO Main Result 2021 – Check Here
Also check: SBI Clerk 2020 Notification released for 8000 vacancy. Apply online from January 3 to 26, 2020 at sbi.co.in.
The State Bank of India (SBI) holds SBI PO 2020 recruitment exam of Probationary Officers (PO) and Clerk vacancies 2020. Total number of expected SBI PO 2020 vacancies to be more than 2000. It is undoubtedly one of the most sought after jobs in banking industry.
|Exam Name||SBI PO 2020 Exam|
|Conducting Body||SBI (State Bank of India)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|SBI PO Exam Date||Prelims in Dec 2020-Jan 2021.|
Mains: Jan 29, 2021.
|Eligibility Criteria||Age Limit: 21 to 30 years.|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online Based Test|
|Duration||Prelims: 1 hour.|
Mains: 3 hours.
|SBI PO Salary||INR 40,000 (in hand salary)|
|SBI PO Help Desk||1800 222 366/ 1800 103 4566|
Finally the SBI has declared the much awaited SBI PO 2020 notification and vacancies. All the aspiring candidates can now register themselves online by visiting the official website, www.sbi.co.in.
Now that the online application has started, candidates can register themselves online. Just remember the December 4, 2020 is the last date to apply online for SBI PO 2020. So register yourself before the last date.
Before apply online for SBI PO 2020, candidates should be aware of the exam pattern, exam date, syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form and a lot more. To know more details, refer to the official SBI PO 2020 notification or read this entire article.
The exam will be held in 3 Tiers which include preliminary examination (Objective test), main examination (Objective test and Descriptive test), Group discussion and Personal Interview. But first the candidate will be required to clear the prelim exam to move on to the next round of selection process. Candidates must know that their final selection mainly depends on their performance in each phase.
SBI Clerk Application form 2020
For all those candidates who are looking forward to applying for SBI PO 2020 must be familiar with the exam pattern, online application process, exams dates, syllabus, admit card, exam duration, cut off as well as result.
SBI PO 2020 Notification
SBI PO 2020 Notification: State Bank of India to be released the SBI PO 2020 Recruitment notification for Probationary Officer vacancies to select candidates on the basic of performance in the exam .
The SBI PO application form 2020 is expected to start from November 14, 2020 and will end on December 4, 2020. SBI PO 2020 preliminary exam will take place on 31st December 2020 & 2nd, 4th, 5th January 2021 and where as main exam will be held on 29th January 2021.
SBI PO 2020 Notification: State bank of India (SBI) has recently decided to release SBI PO 2020 notification pdf for around 2000 vacancies in November 2020. State Bank of India is the leading bank of India and it is a dream of many candidates to be a part of this prestigious institution. Now that the golden opportunity is here, aspiring candidates wouldn’t want to miss out their chance to join SBI.
According to the official SBI PO notification 2020, there are also some changes introduced in the examination pattern. After the release of notification, registration process has already started to recruit candidates in SBI and its Associate banks. After joining the bank, candidates will be posted anywhere in India. To qualify for the interview, candidates must clear prelim and main examination. Final selection of the candidates will be based on merit.
The SBI PO 2020 apply online process will be open from 14-11-2020 to 04-12-2020. To apply online, check the age criteria, educational qualification and eligibility.
SBI PO Vacancies 2020
SBI PO 2020 Eligibility
SBI PO 2020 eligibility criteria: Age of the candidate should be between 21-30 years as on July 1, 2020 to eligible for SBI PO 2020 exam. Also, must have graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates should check their educational qualification, age limit and citizenship requirements to make sure for application acceptance.
SBI PO Educational Qualification
Those who are interested to take the SBI PO exam must have a graduation degree from any recognized university. The final year students are also eligible but they should have a proof of passing the exam by 01/07/2020.
Note: Open degree obtained from distance education or open university is acceptable, but the institution should have recognized officially by the Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
SBI PO Age Limit
Age limit for SBI PO 2020 is 21-30 years as on July 1, 2020. Permissible relaxation in upper age limit is 33 years for OBC , and 35 years for SC/ST categories. Upper age relaxation by category follows:
Age Relaxation for SBI PO Exam 2020
- SC/ST – 5 years relaxation
- OBC – 3 years relaxation
- PWD (SC/ST) – 15 years relaxation
- PWD (OBC) – 13 years relaxation
- PWD (Gen) – 10 years relaxation
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers ( at least 5 years of service) – 5 years relaxation.
- J&K domicile citizens between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years.
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Indian origin who has migrated from various countries with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
Maximum Number of Attempts
The maximum number of attempts to appear in the SBI PO exam for general category candidates are 4. However, there is no limitations for SC/ST candidates. Refer the below table for more information.
|OBC and OBC (PWD)||7|
SBI PO 2020 Apply Online
SBI PO Apply online 2020 : Candidates can apply online for SBI PO 2020 anytime between November 14, 2020 and December 4, 2020. To complete the registration process, candidates can make the payment online. It is advisable to fill the online application form carefully as no changes will be allowed once you submit the application form.
Make sure to follow all instructions carefully while filling the SBI PO application form 2020 and refer step by step guide to complete the online registration successfully. All the aspiring candidates can visit the official website to register online.
|SBI PO 2020 Apply Online Event||Date|
|Starting date of SBI PO 2020 Online Application Form||14-11-2020|
|Last date of SBI PO 2020 Online application||04-12-2020|
Steps to fill SBI PO Application Form 2020
Learn how to apply online for SBI PO 2020
- Visit the official SBI PO 2020 apply online website and click on the button “click here for new registration”.
- Fill the basic details and submits it, and then you will be allotted registration number and password. Now use this registration number and password and fill the security code carefully to log in.
- Now fill the personal details, choose the exam center, religion, fill the email id, address and other details carefully and click on the “next” button.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- After uploading photograph and signature, you will be directed to next page to fill the educational qualification.
- This is the last stage of the application process. Choose any of the modes of payment to pay the fees online.
Note- No changes will be allowed once you submit the application form. So review the details carefully before the final submission of the form. Also keep all the documents ready while filling the educational qualification details.
Also candidates can choose the test center and test city as per their convenience while filling the form. The test centers are mainly allocated on the first cum first service basis. So it is advisable that you fill the form in the beginning only to get the nearest test center. To apply online, choose any of the below-listed web browsers:
- Google Chrome 3.0 and above
- Internet Explorer 3.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above
Some other important pre-requisites to fill the form include:
- A valid and working e-mail ID.
- The scanned photograph and signature must have prescribed size.
- Keep all the documents with you while filling the form.
SBI PO Application fee Payment
The application fee for SC/ST/PWD is Rs. 100 while the application fee for general and other candidates is Rs. 600. Payment will be made through modes of payment like credit card, debit card or net banking. There is no other mode available to pay the fees.
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Note – Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Photo and Signature Specifications
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||20 kb – 50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||10 kb – 20 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
SBI PO 2020 Exam Date & Schedule
|SBI PO 2020 Exam Schedule (Tentative)|
|SBI PO Activity||Dates|
|SBI PO 2020 Notification||13th November 2020|
|Online Registration Starts From||14th November 2020|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||4th December 2020|
|Conduct of Pre- Examination Training||3rd/ 4th week of Dec 2020|
|Download Admit Card for Prelims Exam||December, 2020|
|SBI PO 2020 Exam Date- Preliminary||31st Dec 2020 & 2nd, 4th, 5th Jan 2021|
|Result of Online exam ? Preliminary||3rd week of January 2021|
|Download of Call letter for Mains Exam||3rd week of January 2021|
|SBI PO 2020 Exam Date ? Mains||29th January 2021|
|Result of Online Examination ? Main||3rd/ 4th week of February 2021|
|Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||3rd/ 4th week of February 2021|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||February/ March 2021|
|Declaration of Final Result||Last week of March 2021|
Let us look at the SBI PO 2020 Exam date and Exam Schedule.
- The SBI PO 2020 application form has released through online mode on November 14, 2020 & the last date to submit the SBI PO application form is December 4, 2020.
- SBI PO 2020 exam dates for preliminary and main online tests announced. Preliminary exam will be held on 31st December 2020 & 2nd, 4th, 5th January 2021 and mains exam will conduct on 29th January 2021.
- The candidates are required to clear the SBI PO preliminary exam to go to the main exam. The admit card for each exam can be downloaded from the SBI official website, sbi.co.in.
- The SBI PO admit card 2020 for prelims online test will be issued to the eligible candidates from December 19, 2020 to till the exam date.
- The SBI PO mains admit card to be issued for the candidates, who qualify the preliminary exam. Main exam will be expected to held on 29th January 2021.
- SBI PO 2020 result for prelims & mains exams will be out in 3rd week of Jan 2021 and 4th week of Feb 2021 respectively.
SBI PO Admit Card 2020
SBI PO admit card 2020 for online preliminary examination will be available from 19th December 2020 to till the exam date. Soon after the registration process completes, the call letters will be out to download. Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the official website. Admit cards for preliminary exam will be available after 19th December as the tentative dates of Tier 1 exam is 31st December 2020 & 2nd, 4th, 5th January 2021.
Steps to download the SBI PO 2020 admit card
- Step 1: Go to the official website to download the admit card.
- Step 2: Fill the registration number and password allotted to you at the time of registration.
- Step 3: Click on the submit button and you will directed to the admit card page.
- Step 4: Download the admit card and take out the print out to carry for the examination.
SBI PO Cut off 2020
The cut off for SBI PO varies every year. It mainly depends on the difficulty level of the question paper and number of candidates appearing for the examination.
To clear the exam, candidates have to pass the test by securing the marks decided by the bank. Unlike last year, this year there will no sectional cutoff. The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the number of vacancies. This time the bank has decided to select the candidates 10 times to the number of vacancies available.
So this year candidates need to worry about the sectional cut off, but they need to be focused on their overall score to qualify for the next round.
Here is the SBI PO cut offs of prelim exam last year:
|Descriptive Type Test (English Language)(Evaluated only for those candidates who have qualified in each level of the Objective Test)||17.5||17.5||17.5||20||17.5||17.5||17.5|
|Minimum marks to be secured to be shortlisted for GE-cum Interview (Objective + Descriptive Test)||62.5||62.5||79.5||89.25||62.5||88.09||62.5|
|Total : GE + Interview||18||18||18||20||18||18||18|
|Total marks secured by last ranked selected candidate(Out to 100)||38.95||28.88||40.83||46.59||37.24||46.11||32.95|
Sectional Cut Off for SBI PO Prelims 2018
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Reasoning Ability|
|Cut Off Marks (GEN)||10.25||8.75||6.50|
|Cut Off Marks (OBC/SC/ ST/PwD)||7.00||5.75||4.00|
Overall SBI PO Prelims Cut off 2018
To know more about SBI PO 2020, Candidates can refer the notification and the official website. Also make sure that you register before the last date as many candidates waits for the last date and face problems while filling the forms.
SBI PO Result 2020
SBI PO result 2020 for prelims, mains and the final round (personal interview & group discussion together) will be soon released after the conduction of the examination. Only candidates who will clear the Tier 1 exam will be allowed to give the Tier 2 exam.
The results for Tier 1 exam will available to check on the official website. The SBI PO result 2020 for prelims exam is expected to be out in th 3rd week of January 2021. While the result for mains exam will be declared in the 4th week of February 2021.
|SBI PO Result 2020||Exam Date||Result Date|
|SBI PO Result 2020: Prelims Exam||31st Dec 2020 & 2nd, 4th, 5th Jan 2021||3rd week of Jan 2021|
|SBI PO Result 2020: Main Exam||29th January 2021||4th week of Feb 2021|
|Group Discussions & Interview||Feb-Mar 2021||4th Week of Mar 2021|
All those candidates who will able to clear the main exam will appear for Group exercise and Personal Interview. The final result is expected to come in the last week of March 2021.
Steps to check SBI PO Result 2020
To check your SBI PO result 2020, simply follow the steps listed below.
- Step 1: Go to the SBI official website – sbi.co.in.
- Step 2: Click on the SBI PO result 2020 link under latest announcement tab.
- Step 3: Then, enter your registration number and date of birth/password.
- Step 4: Next, enter image security code and click on login button.
- Step 5: Your result status and score along with overall cut off marks will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Finally, take a print out of the result for the reference purpose.
SBI PO Syllabus 2020
SBI PO 2020 Syllabus: Check detailed SBI PO Syllabus and exam pattern for prelims and mains exams separately. The selection process for SBI PO mainly held in 3 stages. Each stage has a different pattern and the syllabus. So before candidates starts preparing, it is really important to be aware of the whole syllabus.
SBI PO Syllabus 2020 for Preliminary Exam: The preliminary exam is the first stage of the selection process. The exam duration for prelims online test is 1 hour to solve 100 questions. It is really important for the candidates to keep a check on time to attempt all the questions.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
The exam is divided into three sections, which include:
- English Language- This section contains 30 questions of 30 marks.
- Numerical Ability- This section contains 35 questions of 35 marks.
- Reasoning Ability- This section contains 35 questions of 35 marks.
Candidates will be given 20 minutes to attempt the each section, which is one of the changes introduced this year in the examination pattern. Also remember that there are negative marking, and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. So maintain the accuracy and mark the answers carefully.
SBI PO Syllabus 2018 for Main Exam: After qualifying the SBI PO preliminary exam, candidates will be required to prepare for main exam as per the syllabus and the time limit. The SBI PO main exam mainly contains 200 questions of 200 marks followed by a descriptive test.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Min|
|General Awareness about Economy/Banking||40||40||35 Min|
|English Language||35||40||40 Min|
SBI PO Preparation Tips 2020
SBI PO 2020 preparation tips and books: Better to start SBI PO preparation 2020 from the day one you have intended to write the exam. The SBI PO exam is a national level competitive bank exam and nearly 30 lakhs candidates are expected to attempt this exam all over the country. There is no short cut to qualify this competitive exam and requires a consistent approach to crack the SBI PO 2020.
How to Prepare for SBI PO 2020?
Here are the SBI PO preparation 2020 tips and strategies that can help students score better:
- Candidates during the exam should first solve the easy questions and then solve other questions.
- Take our free SBI PO online test series 2020 to leverage your performance.
- Candidates should be selective in the questions and should answer only those questions which they are sure as there is negative marking as well for wrong answers.
- One should get stuck with a particular question, one should invest a reasonable time and if they are not able to solve in the time frame, they should move ahead to the nextQuestion.
- One should learn the art of managing time especially the preliminary exam is completely a time based test where the candidate is required to answer 100 questions in an hour.
- Subjects like math and reasoning requires a lot of practice, the more a person practice, the more confidence he will build and would be able to answer different type of questions. One should also focus on the basics and learning the concepts. If the concepts are clear, one will be able to solve any type of question in the exam.
- Preparing for general knowledge and general awareness does not come in one day. Thus one should develop a habit to read newspaper watch news channels and read business magazines. Developing general awareness will not only help in qualifying for the written exam but will also help in scoring high in the group discussion and personnel interview round.
The SBI PO 2020 exam is quite competitive and job aspirants have to make lot many efforts to get through the exam. The SBI PO exam is being framed tougher by each passing year to improve the exam standards.
SBI PO Books 2020
The best SBI PO books recommended by experts to crack the SBI PO 2020.
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal.
- Advance math for General Competitions.
- Arithmetic for General Competitions.
- Data Interpretation Magical Book Series.
SBI PO Books for Reasoning
- Modern Approach to verbal Reasoning By R.S. Agarwal (S.Chand).
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (Arihant) by BS Sijwali.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal.
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey.
SBI PO Books for English language
- Word Power made Easy By Norman lewis.
- Objective General English By R. S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal.
- Descriptive General English by S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma.
- High School English Grammar by Wren & Martin.
SBI PO Books for General Awareness
- Banking Awareness by Arihant.
- Banking Awareness by RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House.
- Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Publications.
SBI PO Books for Computer Awareness
- Computer by Rani Ahilya Lucent.
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions by Arihant.
- Objective Computer Awareness by R Pillai Arihant.
SBI PO 2020 – FAQ
What is the Age Limit for SBI PO 2020?
SBI PO age limit is 20 to 30 years for general category candidates at the time of registration. The relaxation of upper age is allowed up to 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD category candidates.
Can final year students apply for SBI PO 2020?
Applicants, those in the final year/semester of their degree can apply online for SBI PO 2020 but they should have a proof of passing the exam by July 1, 2020.
How many attempts are there for SBI PO?
General category applicants can attempt SBI PO exam upto 4 times. On the other hand, OBC category candidates can attempt the exam seven times. However, SC/ ST category students will not have any restrictions.
What is the application fees for SBI PO 2020?
SBI PO 2020 application fee is Rs. 600 for General/OBC students and where as Rs. 100 for SC/ST/Pwd category candidates.
How to download SBI PO admit card 2020?
SBI PO admit card 2020 for prelims/mains exams can be downloaded by providing registration number and password or date of birth. Generally, SBI will release call letter for online test before 2 weeks of the exam date.
How to Check SBI PO Result 2020?
Applicants can check their SBI PO result 2020 and secured marks along with cut off marks on the official website sbi.co.in by entering their registration number and date of birth.
What is the salary of SBI PO 2020?
The starting basic pay of SBI PO is Rs. 27,620. Approximately, Rs. 40000 is the monthly inhand salary. According to the official SBI PO 2020 notification, the pay scale is Rs. 23700-980/7- 30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020. Accurately, the total SBI PO Salary per year will be a minimum of Rs 8.20 lakhs and maximum of Rs 13.08 lakhs that depends on location of job posting.
Is there any negative marking in SBI PO exam 2020?
There is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer in the SBI PO exam. It’s applicable to both the prelims and mains exams. Candidates must clear the overall cut off marks in order to qualify for the SBI PO Main exam. However, there is no negative marking for un-attempted questions.
Does SBI PO have sectional cut off?
Simply No, there is no sectional cut offs for the both SBI PO prelims and mains exams. from the last year, SBI removed the sectional cut-off to further simplify the process of selection. However, there will be overall cut off marks needs to be sucure to appear for next stage exam.
When will SBI PO 2020 notification come?
SBI PO 2020 notification pdf out on November 13, 2020. The SBI PO 2020 online application form will available from November 14, 2020 and December 4, 2020
How to Crack SBI PO 2020 in first attempt?
To crack SBI PO 2020 in first attempt, Aspirant should have Proper study plan along with preparation strategy. Hard work is the most important key to clear the SBI PO 2020 exam. The difficulty level is tough, so simply make a study plan and start preparing according to plan to easily clear the exam.
How to apply for SBI PO 2020?
To apply for SBI PO 2020, go to sbi.co.in/careers, then click on apply online for SBI PO recruitment 2020 link. Next, select new registration and complete filling of SBI PO application form 2020. Finally, make fee payment and take a print out.