SBI Clerk 2020 Notification & Online Application – SBI clerk 2020 notification pdf released for 8000 vacancies. SBI Clerk online application form link available from January 3, 2020 to January 26, 2020. SBI Clerk prelims exam will be conducted in February-March 2020 and the main exam will be held on April 19, 2020. SBI Clerk Result 2020 for prelims exam expected to be released on June 18, 2020.
SBI Clerk Result 2020 for Prelims exam has to be released soon. Check your SBI Clerk Prelims result 2020 and cut off marks by entering registration number and date of birth.
SBI Clerk Result 2020 – Check Here.
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification PDF and online application form link activated. Applicants who wish to apply online for SBI Clerk 2020 can also check SBI clerk 2020 Notification, online application form, exam pattern & syllabus.
SBI Clerk 2020 apply online link – Apply Here
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification PDF out – Click Here
SBI Clerk Application form 2020 – Apply Here
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 – Check Here
SBI clerk 2020 recruitment exam is one of the most widely popular bank exams in India. It is an online based test, conducted to recruit SBI Clerk or Junior Associates to work for the state bank of India with pay range of ₹20,000 to ₹23,000 per month.
- Over 8000 clerk/junior associates vacancies released through SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment exam.
- Candidates should fill in the SBI Clerk application form 2020 by providing valid details and paying registration fee from January 3, 2020 to January 26, 2020.
- SBI Clerk 2020 prelims exam will be conducted in Feb-March 2020 and main exam on April 19, 2020.
- Each section in the SBI clerk 2020 prelims and mains exam has fixed timing. The candidates are required to clear the preliminary exam to go to the main exam.
- The SBI clerk admit cards for prelims and main exam can be downloaded from February 2020 to till the exam date.
- Depending on employer location, the SBI clerk salary is ₹20,000 to ₹23,000.
- SBI clerk age limit is 20-28 years as on January 1, 2020. Permissible relaxation in upper age limit is 31 years for OBC , and 33 years for SC/ST category.
Eligible candidates that are recruited by this bank will have responsibilities to handle operations and client interactions of the bank. Job responsibilities include holding posts such as depositors, cashiers, etc. at one of the branches of State Bank of India. This is a comprehensive job responsibility.
Before apply for SBI clerk 2020, candidates should be aware of the eligibility requirements, exam pattern, dates, syllabus, and a lot more. To know more details, refer to the official SBI clerk 2020 notification or read this entire article.
SBI Clerk 2020 Notification
SBI Clerk 2020 notification pdf released on January 2, 2020. It will include complete details about SBI clerk 2020 exam date, online application form, syllabus and schedule. It also includes details about recruitment procedure. Candidates selected in the SBI Clerk 2020 exam will be joining from 1st week of December 2020.
It’s pretty easy to crack the SBI Clerk 2020 exam with proper study plan and hard work.
SBI Clerk 2020 is an online test conducted at national levels for banking professionals and is held by the SBI to recruit candidates for Clerical Cadre or Junior Associates posts.
SBI Clerk serves as the face of the bank which interacts with people and gets in touch with them to perform banking transactions, loan sanctions, and other processes.
|Exam Name||SBI Clerk 2020 Exam|
|Conducting Body||SBI (State Bank of India)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Exam Date||Prelims exam: Feb-March 2020|
Mains exam: April 19, 2020
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualification: Graduation|
Age Limit: 20 – 28 years
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
Mains: 160 min
|SBI Clerk Salary||₹20,000 to ₹23,000|
|SBI Clerk Help Desk||1800 222 366/ 1800 103 4566|
The work of a clerk involves knowledge about each and every product offering of the bank, and they work in close association with different departments of the organization. There are ample opportunities for career growth as a clerk, and hence there are many aspirants that take SBI Clerk examination every year.
SBI Clerk 2020 Exam Date and Schedule
Let us look at the SBI Clerk 2020 exam Date and Exam Schedule.
- The SBI Clerk 2020 application form will be released through online mode on January 3, 2020 & the applicants will be able to submit the application form till January 26, 2020.
- The SBI Clerk 2020 admit card for preliminary online test will be issued to the eligible candidates in the last week of Feb 2020.
- SBI Clerk 2020 preliminary online based test will be expected to take in Feb-March 2020.
- The announcement of result for online prelims exam will be released in the mid of March 2020.
- The admit card for the main exam to be issued for the candidates, who qualify the preliminary exam. Main exam will be expected to held on April 19, 2020.
- Candidates need to check the following tentative schedule for SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment notification.
SBI Clerk 2020 Recruitment – Dates
|SBI Clerk 2020 Recruitment||Date (Released)|
|SBI Clerk 2020 apply online date||January 3, 2020|
|Last date to apply for SBI Clerk exam||January 26, 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Admit Card – Prelims||February 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 exam date – Prelims||Feb-March 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Result – Prelims||March 2020|
|SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card||April 2020|
|SBI Clerk 2020 Exam date – Main||April 19, 2020|
|SBI Clerk Main Result||May 2020|
|Release of final merit list||June 2020|
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2020
SBI clerk eligibility criteria are quite simple for this entry point in a banking career. Being an Indian national is the basic eligibility criteria that all candidates must fulfill. Apart from that, some openings require knowledge of local language and computer.
According to the official website of SBI the mandatory eligibility criteria to appear for the SBI Clerk examination is as follows:
Candidates must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a government of India recognized university or an equivalent degree which is having recognition by the Central Government. Candidates must provide relevant certificates at their time of selection.
Age Limit as on January 1, 2020
The candidate must have a minimum age of 20 years, while the maximum age limit is set to 28 years as on January 1, 2020. There is relaxation provided for this criterion to candidates belonging to the particular category. There is a relaxation of five years provided for reservation (SC/ST) candidates. Check age relaxation by category in the following:
- SC/ST – 5 years relaxation
- OBC – 3 years relaxation
- PWD (SC/ST) – 15 years relaxation
- PWD (OBC) – 13 years relaxation
- PWD (Gen) – 10 years relaxation
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers ( at least 5 years of service) – 5 years relaxation.
- J&K domicile citizens between 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years.
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Indian origin who has migrated from various countries with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
SBI Clerk Application Form 2020
It is advisable to fill & submit SBI Clerk application form 2020 before the last date – February 10, 2020. Candidates can apply online for SBI clerk 2020 anytime between January 20, 2020 and February 10, 2020. Also make sure to take a print of filled application form for reference purpose.
Candidates who want to get a lucrative position in SBI as a clerk must fill and submit their SBI clerk application form via their official website online. There is no other mode available to submit applications for this examination.
After submission of application, eligible candidates will receive their admit cards and will be recruited based on the results in preliminary and mains examinations. The application form should be submitted before the last date .
A candidate is entitled to three attempts for filling this SBI clerk online application form 2020. Candidates can also save the form after filling it partly and then log in and complete the rest of the details for the application.
Make sure that you register for SBI Clerk 2020 before the last date as many candidates waits for the last date and face problems while filling the application form.
SBI Clerk application form 2020 will available from January 3, 2020 to January 26, 2020. Find below steps to easily submit SBI Clerk online application form.
Step by Step Process to Apply for SBI Clerk 2020
Steps to fill and submit SBI Clerk Application form 2020.
Step 1: Firstly, go to sbi.co.in/careers.
You should visit the official website of SBI and go to the ongoing recruitment page via the link SBI Clerk 2020 Link.
Step 2: Click on apply online link under SBI Clerk 2020 recruitment.
You should read the details of the advertisement clearly and then click on the link of “click here to apply online” on the top of the advertisement.
Step 3: Select “new registration” to apply for SBI Clerk 2020 exam.
If you are not a registered user, then click on the link “click here for new Registration”.You must enter all the details that are asked for and then complete the process of registration. You will get a registration number and password after you are successfully registered.
Step 4: Fill in SBI Clerk application form 2020.
You can use these details to log-in to the portal and fill in the SBI Clerk application form 2020. In this form, you will be required to upload scanned copies of your signature and photograph.
Step 5: Verify details and click on final submit button.
After you have filled in all the details, make sure to check and verify once before you click on ‘Submit’ button. You will not be allowed to make any changes to the details thereafter.
Step 6: Lastly, make application fee using online payment gateway.
After submission, you will have to pay the exam fees. Once payment is made successfully, then you will get an e-receipt, and a completed application form is generated. Do keep a printed copy of both of these for future reference.
Photograph and Signature Sizes
Specifications of File Size and Dimensions for A Scanned Copy of Signature and Photograph.It is required to submit your photograph and signature in correct format and size else it will be rejected. Take note of these specifications:
|Photograph||JPG/ JPEG||20 kb – 50 kb||200 x 230 pixels|
|Signature||JPG/ JPEG||10 kb – 20 kb||140 x 60 pixels|
The Process of Uploading Photograph and Signature for SBI Clerk Recruitment Examination 2020
- While you are filling the online form for this exam, it is mandatory to upload your photograph and signature, and for that purpose, you will find two links on the form.
- You should click on each of the links one by one, i.e., upload photograph and upload a signature.
- Browse and then select the correct file from its saved location. Make sure that the scanned signature and photograph meets the size and format requirements as specified by SBI.
- Select the correct file by clicking on it.
- Click on the upload button, and it would be done.
SBI Clerk Application Fee
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100 (Intimation Charges only)|
|General and Others||Rs. 600 (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
After successful submission of online application form of SBI Clerk recruitment exam, candidates must pay the application fee online using credit/debit card or net banking or using other wallets.
The application charges differ according to the category of students as mentioned above.
Note: This application fee and intimation charges will not be refunded in any case nor can it be held for any other examination in the future.
Documents that you must carry while filling the SBI clerk online application 2020:
- Original or Xerox copies of educational certificates from standard 10th to graduation.
- Scanned copy of a passport sized photograph and signature.
- Other documents that might be required as a proof of identity or valid certificates for reserved candidates.
- Make sure to keep all documents ready while applying for the examination.
- While applying make sure that you have a good internet connection too.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
There are two stages that you must clear to get selected as a clerk in SBI, they are a Preliminary exam which is followed by the Main examination. Here we provide information regarding the exam pattern and its syllabus.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
|Name of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
- This is the first stage of SBI clerk examination which aims at filtering eligible candidates for the main exam.
- The exam is conducted online at various authorized centers spread across the country.
- The SBI clerk prelims exam is bilingual that available in both the English and Hindi languages, except for the English section.
- The question paper of this exam has 100 questions in the form of MCQs.
- The exam includes questions on subjects such as Numerical ability, reasoning ability, and the English language.
- Each section has 20 minutes fixed duration, thus the total time for the exam is 1 hour.
- There is a negative marking system in this exam, and if candidates give a wrong answer, then 1/4th marks will be deducted.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
|Name Of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 min|
|General English||40||40||35 min|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 min|
|Total||190||200||2 hr 40 Min|
- The main examination for SBI Clerk position is also held online.
- It contains 190 MCQs, and the maximum score is of 200 marks.
- The duration of the SBI clerk exam is 2 hours 45 minutes. It is clear that for each section, a fixed timing allotted.
- The questions in this exam cover subjects such as Quantitative Aptitude, General and Financial Awareness, General English, Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude.
- The question paper is provided in both English as well as the Hindi language.
- Just like the preliminary exam, negative marking is applicable in the mains too. 1/4th mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
SBI Clerk Admit Card 2020
SBI clerk admit card 2020 for prelims exam will be released to the eligible candidates from February 2020 to till the exam date. SBI Clerk 2020 exam dates for prelims online test are in February-March 2020.
Candidates can easily download SBI clerk admit card 2020 by login on sbi.co.in using their registration number and password/date of birth, these credentials allotted at the time of registration.
Eligible candidates are issued an admit card by the competent authorities at least one or two weeks before the examination. Entry to the exam hall is permitted with this admit card only. For SBI clerk 2020, admit cards are issued online on their official website.
Candidates can download and print it online by providing their registration number and birth date. When an admit card is allotted, you must check details such as your name, address, date of examination, venue, etc. carefully.
Candidates should follow the steps listed below to download SBI clerk admit card 2020
Steps to Download SBI Clerk 2020 Admit Card
- Visit the SBI official website, sbi.co.in
- Click on the link to download SBI Clerk Admit Card 2020.
- Fill the registration number and password allotted to you at the time of registration.
- Click on login button to download admit card.
- Verify the details on the SBI Clerk 2020 Admit card and take print out.
If any discrepancy is found, then the candidate must immediately report it to higher authorities. There are separate admit cards for preliminary as well as the main examination for SBI Clerk position.
Candidates that qualify and pass the preliminary exam should download and check their main exam admit cards. It is mandatory for candidates to carry this admit card along with a photo identity proof to the exam hall. Authorities do not send any hard copy of admit cards or examination call letters by post.
Documents that are accepted as a photo proof of identity for SBI preliminary and mains examination:
Admission to the examination hall is not permitted to candidates that do not have a valid admit card and/or a photo ID proof recognized by the government of India. Supervisor holds complete rights to deny a candidate admission to exam hall without these.
Here is a list of documents that you can carry with you like a photo identity proof:
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport issued by the government of India.
- PAN card.
- Driving license.
- Bank passbook with an attested photograph on it.
- Election Voter’s identity card.
- Identity card issued by any university, school, college or by a gazetted officer.
SBI Clerk Result 2020
SBI Clerk Result 2020: The SBI Clerk result for prelims exam is expected to be out in March 2020. While the result for main exam will be declared in May 2020. All those candidates who will able to clear the main exam will appear for local language test. Finally, the state bank of India will release final merit list of selected candidates for 6 months probation period.
Candidates can easily check their SBI clerk result for prelims exam by entering the details of registration number or roll number and date of birth. Along with SBI clerk results, candidates will also get their score and cut off marks.
Candidates should follow the steps listed here to check SBI clerk result 2020.
Steps to Check SBI Clerk 2020 Result
- Click on the Direct Link of SBI Clerk result 2020 for Prelims.
- Fill your registration number/roll number and date of birth.
- Next, enter the image captcha words (security code)
- Click on the Login button to easily check yours SBI Clerk result 2020.
SBI releases results for the preliminary as well as the main exam of SBI Clerk exam along with cut off marks. According to rules, candidates that have passed the preliminary examination can appear for the primary phase and those selected after mains are eligible for a local language test.
After this test, a final list of qualified candidates is released by SBI. This list is based on the score in the main exams. After getting selected, candidates get the opportunity to enter their dream job as a clerk in SBI.
Some highlights of SBI Clerk result 2020 are as follows:
- The authorities of SBI holds the right to announce the results of SBI Clerk examination 2020 on its official website.
- The results can be easily downloaded from the SBI official website, sbi.co.in
- To check the SBI clerk result candidates must enter details such as roll number and date of birth on the relevant page.
- You must take a print out of your result for future reference.
- All measures regarding the candidate’s written exam score, the category of candidates and number of vacancies is taken by the higher competent authorities of the bank.
SBI Clerk Cut off 2020
SBI has released cut off marks for prelims and mains exams. The Clerk cut off varies every year based on the state of the candidate and difficulty level of question paper. It also depends on availability of vacancies and number of candidates appearing for the examination.
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of performance and the number of vacancies. This time the bank has decided to select the candidates 10 times to the number of vacancies available.
There will no sectional cutoff in both the SBI clerk & mains exams. So this year candidates need to worry about the sectional cut off, but they need to be focused on their overall score to qualify for the next round.
To get an idea, it’s fair to refer to the previous year state wise SBI clerk cut offs listed in the following table.
Here is the 2020’s SBI Clerk cut off marks by state & category wise for prelims & mains exam:
SBI Clerk Prelims Cut off 2020
|State Name||Cut Off|
SBI Clerk Mains Cut off 2020
SBI Clerk Cut off by Category
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020
Know detailed SBI clerk syllabus 2020 for prelims and mains before start preparation.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 – Prelims
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 for Prelims exam: SBI clerk prelims exam has 100 objective type questions related to 3 well known sections, the English Language, Numerical ability and Reasoning. It is 60 minutes long and each section has 20 minutes fixed duration.
Below Table shows the SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020 (prelims exam) for English language, reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude sections.
|Reasoning||Numerical Ability||English Language|
|Puzzle and Arrangement||Number Series||Reading Comprehension|
|Coding-Decoding||Data Interpretation||Spotting Errors|
|Blood Relations||Data Sufficiency||Sentence Improvement|
|Direction Senses||Miscellaneous||Fill in the Blanks|
|Order and Ranking||–||–|
SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus 2020
SBI clerk mains exam has 4 sections, 190 objective type questions for 200 marks. The time allotted for SBI clerk mains exam is 2 hours & 40 minutes. Similar to prelims, the main exam also has fixed timing for each section.
Below Table represents the SBI Clerk mains Syllabus 2020 for Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language.Banking and Computer Awareness sections.
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Puzzle||Mensuration ? Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems||Fill in the blanks||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
SBI Clerk Books 2020
Looking for the best books for SBI clerk 2020 preparation?
Find below the list of popular SBI clerk preparation books for the English language, Reasoning ability, Numerical ability/quantitative aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Awareness.
Let us look at the recommended SBI Clerk books for each subject to easily clear the exam.
SBI Clerk Books for English
- Objective English 4th Edition by Edgar Thorpe
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English 2nd Edition by S.P Bakshi
SBI Clerk Books for Reasoning
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Agarwal
SBI Clerk Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Practice Book on Quicker Math, 2nd Edition by M.Tyra & K.Kundan
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations 17th Edition by R.S Agarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Varma
SBI Clerk Books for Computer Awareness
- Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams by Arihant Publishers
- Computer Fundamentals by P.K Sinha
SBI Clerk Books for General Awareness
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)
- Manorama Year Book 2020 (English)
SBI Clerk 2020 – FAQs
What is the Age Limit for SBI Clerk 2020?
To apply for SBI Clerk 2020 exam or SBI clerk age limit is 20 to 28 years for general category candidates at the time of registration. However, there will be an upper age limit relaxation rules applicable for reserved category candidates.
Can final year students apply for SBI Clerk 2020?
The final year students can apply for SBI Clerk 2020, but they should have a proof of passing the exam by July 1, 2020.
Is there any negative marking in the SBI Clerk exams 2020?
There is negative marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer in SBI Clerk preliminary and main exams.
How to apply for SBI Clerk 2020?
To apply for SBI Clerk 2020 exam, a candidate should go to the official website sbi.co.in/careers, then select the link of apply online & fill in the SBI Clerk application form.
Is there any interview in SBI Clerk 2020?
There is no interview in SBI Clerk exam 2020. According to the latest selection process, the State Bank of India has discarded interview for Clerical Cadre or Junior Associates posts.
Does SBI Clerk have sectional cut off?
There is no sectional cut offs for the both SBI clerk prelims and mains exams. From the last year, SBI removed the sectional cut-off to further simplify the process of selection. However, there will be overall cutoff marks needs to be secure to appear for the next stage exam.
What is the SBI Clerk selection process?
SBI Clerk selection is done based on candidate’s performance in prelims and mains exam followed by local language test.
What are the fees for SBI Clerk 2020?
SBI clerk fees for application form is Rs. 600 for General/OBC students and Rs. 100 for SC/ST/Pwd category candidates.
How to download SBI Clerk admit card 2020?
SBI clerk admit card 2020 for prelims/mains exams can be downloaded by providing registration number and password or date of birth. Generally, SBI will release the call letter for online test before 2 weeks of the exam date.
How to Check SBI Clerk Result 2020?
Applicants can check their SBI clerk result 2020 and secured marks along with cutoff marks on the official website sbi.co.in by entering their registration number and date of birth.
What is the salary of SBI Clerk 2020?
The SBI Clerk salary starts with basic pay of Rs 11,765 with an annual increment of Rs 655. According to the official SBI clerk 2020 notification, the pay scale is Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230-1310/1-31540.
When will SBI Clerk 2020 notification come?
SBI Clerk 2020 notification will released in January 2020 and applicants will be able to submit their SBI Clerk 2020 application forms till February 2020. SBI Clerk 2020 exam date for prelims likely to be held in June 2020.
How to apply online for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020?
Eligible candidates can apply online for SBI Clerk recruitment 2020 at sbi.co.in/careers by selecting SBI clerk recruitment 2020 notification. Fill SBI Clerk application form and make fee payment to complete the entire process. After successful submission of fees, download and save the receipt for future reference.