CLAT 2023: Registration and Exam Date – CLAT Consortium has released CLAT 2023 application form, notification and exam date. Eligible candidates can apply online for CLAT 2023 from August 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022. CLAT admit card 2023 will be released on December 8, 2022 and the exam will be held on December 18, 2022.
CLAT 2023 exam will be held on December 18, 2022 and there is no change in exam date.
CLAT admit card 2023 to be out on Decemner 8, 2022 and exam will be conducted on December 18, 2022.
CLAT 2023 online application form submission has begun on August 1, 2022 and the last date for online registration is August 31, 2022. The official CLAT 2023 apply online link provided below along with application process, how to steps and important dates.
CLAT 2023 registration process – Check Here
Official CLAT Apply online link – Apply Here
CLAT Admit Card 2023 – Download Here
CLAT Result 2023 – Check Here
CLAT is the law entrance exam conducted by CLAT Consortium, which has 22 Law Universities. The exam is mainly held for candidates who seek law admissions in programs like BA LLB, BBA LLB and LLM courses. Almost all prominent colleges in India accept CLAT Score cards to offer admission to the candidates, which include both government and private colleges.
- The CLAT 2023 exam notification has been announced on August 1, 2022, registration has started on August 1, 2022 and the last date for submission of online application is August 31, 2022.
- CLAT 2023 will be held by CLAT consortium on December 18, 2022.
- It is an online test, that will be conducted for admission to LLB and LLM courses of the 22 participating National Law Universities (NLUs).
- Apart from the NLUs, the score card of CLAT exam will be accepted by various other participating law schools.
- About 2688 LLB undergraduate and 783 LLM post graduate seats will be filled through CLAT exam 2022.
CLAT 2023 Notification
The notification for CLAT 2023 has been released on August 1, 2022 and the exam will be conducted on December 18, 2022. Currently, CLAT 2023 registration/application form open and it will continue till August 31, 2022.
CLAT 2023 Overview:
|Exam Name||CLAT 2023|
|Conducted by||CLAT Consortium|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||Gen/OBC/PWD – ₹4,000.|
SC/ST/BPL – ₹3,500.
|Exam Date||December 18, 2022|
|Admissions/Seats||LLB – 2622 seats.|
LLM – 783 seats.
|Courses Offered||LLB and LLM|
Also, what students must know is that the score card for CLAT 2023 will be valid for the academic year 2023-24. So all the aspiring candidates for CLAT 2023 must check the notification to know more about the eligibility, exam pattern and exam dates.
CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
CLAT 2023 Age Limit:
- There are no age limit criteria for candidates applying for CLAT 2023.
CLAT 2023 Educational Qualification:
- As regards the minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty-five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.The CLAT 2023 eligibility norms for the undergraduate and postgraduate will differ from each other. It is important for every applicant to fulfill all the eligibility criteria of CLAT 2023. The candidates who are unable to fulfill any of the eligibility norms will be disqualified on or before the admission rounds. Also, few of the eligibility criteria will also vary with the category of the candidates. Check the eligibility norms of the exam from below.
|Exam||Age Limit||Education||Minimum Marks|
|CLAT UG||No Upper Age Limit||10+2 or Equivalent||Gen/OBC/PWD – 45%.|
SC/ST – 40%
|CLAT PG||No Upper Age Limit||LLB or Equivalent||Gen/OBC/PWD – 50%.|
SC/ST – 45%
Qualification requirements for CLAT UG Courses
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 board examination with at least 45% marks (SC/ST: 40%)
- Candidates waiting for the result of the qualifying exam can also apply
- No age limit
Qualification requirements for CLAT PG Courses
- Candidates must have passed LLB or Equivalent examination with at least 45% marks (SC/ST: 40%)
- Candidates waiting for the result of the LLB exam can also apply.
- No age limit
CLAT 2023 Application Form
CLAT 2023 application form released on August 1, 2022. The CLAT 2023 registration will stay open till August 31, 2022. Admit card will be released on December 8, 2022. Candidates will be able to submit the application form for the exam from August 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022 on CLAT consortium website. The direct link also provided above to register for CLAT 2023.
The application form of CLAT 2023 has been made available. It is important for the candidates to successfully apply for the test to be eligible to appear for the CLAT exam. To start with the application process, first candidates are required to register by entering all the required details. Only after successful registration, login credentials will be sent to the candidates. Candidates are required to login using mobile number and password, and start filling the application form. To conclude the application process, candidates are required to pay the application fee.
Steps to apply online for CLAT 2023?
Following are easy steps to submit CLAT 2023 application form:
- Go to CLAT 2023 Consortium website: consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- Click on register button, then provide phone number, email and password to get OTP. Validate it to get login details.
- Login with registered mobile number and password.
- Now, start filling your CLAT 2023 application form by selecting the UG program or PG program options.
- Next, upload your photograph and signature.
- Fill all required details and click on the submit button.
- Once all done, make payment using debit card/credit card to complete CLAT application form submission process.
CLAT Application Fee
|CLAT Previous Question Papers||₹500|
The CLAT application fee for General/OBC/PwD is ₹4000. The candidates belongs to SC/ST category have to pay ₹3500 only. It is non-refundable and candidates can pay the same using Credit Card, Debit Card or Internet Banking.
CLAT 2023 Exam Date
CLAT 2023 exam date is December 18, 2022. Candidates require to reach cut off marks to participate in counselling for admissions to LLB and LLM programs. Following table shows the all important dates of CLAT exam.
CLAT 2023: Important Dates
|CLAT 2023 Event||Dates|
|CLAT 2023 Registration starts||August 1, 2022|
|Last date to apply for CLAT 2023||August 31, 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Admit Card Release date||December 8, 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Exam Date||December 18, 2022 (2 PM – 4 PM)|
|CLAT 2023 Result Announcement||December 24, 2022|
|CLAT 2023 Counselling||February 2023|
Let us look at the CLAT exam dates and important schedule.
- The official CLAT 2023 notification has released on August 1, 2022 at consortiumofnlus.ac.in by the CLAT Consortium.
- CLAT 2023 application form/registration has started on August 1, 2022 and the last date to apply online is August 31, 2022.
- The admit card for CLAT 2023 will be issued to the eligible candidates from December 8, 2022 to till the exam date.
- CLAT 2023 exam will be conducted on December 18, 2022.
- The result of CLAT exam will be declared on December 24, 2022.
- The final merit list for participating in counselling will be out in the last week of January 2023 and counselling will commence in the first week of February 2023.
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
CLAT Exam Pattern 2023 for UG and PG programs are completely different. It’s an online based test, where test takers will be allotted 2 hours to attempt 200 objective type questions. These questions will be divided into 5 sections, which are English with Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude, Legal Reasoning and Logical Reasoning. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark while 0.25 marks will be penalized for every wrong attempt. Know more about the exam pattern of CLAT UG and PG programs from the table provided below.
CLAT UG Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Marks Allotted||Number of Questions|
|English (with Comprehension)||40||40|
CLAT PG Exam Pattern
|Section||Question Type||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
CLAT 2023 Admit Card
CLAT 2023 admit card will release on December 8, 2022 and it will remains open to download till the exam date. To download CLAT admit card 2023, candidates are required to login with their registered mobile number and password. Check the below steps to download CLAT admit card 2023:
- Go to CLAT 2023 official website – consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- Login with your mobile number and password.
- Select admit card tab and click on download link.
- CLAT 2023 admit card will displayed on screen. Then, download and save it.
- The candidates need to save and take a printout of the same.
In case there is any discrepancy or query related to CLAT 2023 admit card, the candidates should utilize help desk at the contact number 08047162020 between 10:00 am to 6:00 pm during the working days. Applicant can also send an email to email@example.com with the subject line as ‘CLAT Consortium’.
The admit card is an important document and candidates must carry the same to the examination hall on the day of the test along with a valid photo ID proof. Before entering the test center, they are required to produce the admit card to the invigilator. If candidates fail to produce this CLAT admit card, then they wont be allowed to enter the exam hall and write the test. Details about the candidate, examination center address and timing of the test will be printed on the admit card.
CLAT 2023 Syllabus
CLAT 2023 Syllabus for UG and PG programs has different topics.Understanding the syllabus of CLAT is one of the major things that each aspirant must do before they start preparing. The syllabus will help the candidates to prepare accordingly and avoid wasting time by preparing unnecessary topics. All the topics and the sub-topics required are provided in the syllabus of the exam. There will be a total of 200 questions divided into 5 sections. The topics of each section will vary from each other. Check the table provided below to know how to prepare for the test.
CLAT 2023 Syllabus for UG Courses
|English||Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary etc.|
|Current Affairs||Contemporary Events of National and International Significance, Art and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance|
|Legal Reasoning||Rules and Passages of Law, Application of the rules and passages, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||Argument – Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.|
|Quantitative Techniques||Basic Algebra, Mensuration, Statistical Estimation, Graphs, Numerical Information, Ratio and Proportion etc.|
CLAT 2023 Syllabus for PG Courses
|Administrative Law||Law of Contract|
|Criminal Law||Property Law|
|Company Law||Public International Law|
|Tax Law||Environmental Law|
|Labour & Industrial Law||Other Mandatory subjects from Undergraduate level|
CLAT Result 2023
CLAT Result 2023 will release on December 24, 2022. To check your results, simply login on consortiumofnlus.ac.in with registered mobile number and password. Following are steps to check CLAT result 2023:
- Go to consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- Enter your registered mobile number and password
- Click on login button.
- Select CLAT result tab, then it will display your result with score card.
- Click on download score card button.
The CLAT rank, score, qualifying status and few details of test takers will be provided by CLAT consortium in the score card. The CLAT 2023 result will be available in online mode only. To access the result, candidates are required to login with their registered mobile number and password. Test takers are advised to download their score card and keep a copy of it for future reference. Based on the rank, a shortlist will be prepared on the basis of which candidates can pay the counselling fee and lock the seats in the NLUs.
CLAT 2023 Cutoff
The CLAT 2023 cut off scores are the minimum marks that candidates must obtain to get shortlisted for the counselling rounds. Each NLU will have their own cutoff scores and will vary from each other. Also, the cutoff marks will differ with the category of candidates. These NLUs will prepare the cutoff scores on the basis of factors like the number of test takers, difficulty level of test and total number of seats.
Here’s expected CLAT 2023 cut off scores for each NLU:
|Participating NLU||Cut off|
|National Law School of India University||59-66|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||130-135|
|National Law Institute University||351-386|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences||213-260|
|National Law University, Jodhpur||343-376|
|Hidayatullah National Law University||574-657|
|Gujarat National Law University||453-494|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||627-668|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||801-924|
|Chanakya National Law University||909-1186|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies||826-928|
|National Law University, Odisha||1023-1167|
|National University of Study and Research in Law||1051-1255|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy||1124-1556|
|Tamil Nadu National Law School||1151-1571|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University||1180-1432|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai||478-503|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur||1126-1532|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad||–|
|Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur||–|
CLAT Counselling 2023
CLAT 2023 Counselling will commence from January 2023. The CLAT Consortium will prepare and release the final merit list of a students for both UG and PG programs through CLAT Counselling 2023.
The CLAT committee strictly follows the reservation policy as prescribed by the Government of India. There are 22 NLUs in total offering thousands of UG and PG seats. These seats are reserved for the Other Backward Class (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories. The candidates who are applying under the reserved categories are required to produce the necessary documents to support their reservation at the time of admission in the concerned NLUs.
After the announcement of the result, a University-wise seat allocation list will be prepared. The candidates whose names are on the list will be able to pay the counselling fee and opt for Lock or Upward Shifting of seats.
The candidates are advised to pay the fee or exercise their options within the time-period, else, their name will be dropped off from the list. Now, the students must visit their respective NLUs and complete the documentation process. Only the candidates who have successfully participated in all the counselling rounds will be allotted seats.
CLAT 2023 – FAQ
How many UG and PG seats are there in CLAT 2023?
CLAT consortium will conduct counselling for admissions to 2688 undergraduate and 783 post graduate seats based on the candidates performance in CLAT exam 2023.
What is the exam date of CLAT 2023?
CLAT 2023 exam date is December 18, 2022. CLAT consortium will conduct the exam on December 18, 2022 in 203 exam centers all over India.
How to download CLAT admit card?
consortiumofnlus.ac.in is the official CLAT 2023 website, where a candidate can download CLAT admit card 2023 by login with registered mobile number and password.
How to check CLAT result?
Go to CLAT consortium, then login and select result tab to check CLAT result 2023. It’s expected that the result of CLAT 2023 will be out on June 24, 2022.
Is there any age limit to apply for CLAT 2023?
No, there is no restrictions in age limit to apply for CLAT exam.
How to select CLAT exam center?
While applying for CLAT 2023 exam, the candidates can select the exam center from the drop down list. The final allotment of the center is done by the CLAT consortium depending upon candidate selection. In case the first preferred center is not available then priority will be given to the next selected center.
Is there any negative marking in CLAT exam?
Yes, there is negative marking 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer as a penalty in CLAT exam.
How to get CLAT previous year question papers?
While making payment, select option to get CLAT previous year question papers. Here you need to pay additional fee of ₹3,500 to get these papers.