SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021: Candidates should go through the entire SSC CHSL syllabus 2021 and exam pattern, this will help in better preparation of all the 3 tiers of the exam. Let us look at the SSC CHSL exam pattern and syllabus of all the 3 tiers.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021 for English language, Quantitative aptitude, General awareness and General Intelligence & Reasoning given in the following table. SSC CHSL tier 1 exam has 4 sections with 100 objective type questions for 200 marks.
The candidate would be required to attempt 100 objective questions in a time span of 1 hour. For each wrong answer about half mark would be reduced from the final score of a candidate and for each correct answer 2 marks will be awarded.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021 for Tier 1
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking, Direction||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple & Compound Interest, Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
while preparing for the SSC CHSL exam 2021, the candidates should give more preference to important topics in each section to score more. Make sure to take SSC CHSL online mock tests to understand the question paper pattern.
The candidates are advised to make short notes of formulas in every single topic, so at the time of revision, these notes are extremely helpful to solve the questions easily.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021 for Tier 2
For Tier 2 syllabus of SSC CHSL 2021, candidate should go through the various important topics such as GST, women empowerment, Demonetization, Make in India etc.
Applicants can also go through last year papers and the latest notification to see the details around syllabus and latest changes. The essay topics will be given on the following topics:
- National Interest
- Finance & Economy
- Ecological Issues
- Social Issues
- Schemes & Governance
- Environmental Concerns
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2021 for Tier 3
SSC CHSL Tier 3 exam syllabus for data entry operator are:
- Skill test of data entry on computer: The test is conducted in English language, the candidate needs to have 8000 key depressions per hour i.e. around 1600 words per hour. The test duration for the exam is 15 minutes and 35 minutes for OH/VH/PH/CP candidates
- Typing test on computer: The test is conducted in English or Hindi language, the candidate needs to have 10,500 key depressions per hour i.e. around 35 words per minute in English and 30 words per minute in Hindi. The candidate is tested for accuracy of words within given time and with required speed. The test duration for the exam is 10 minutes and 30 minutes for OH/VH/PH/CP candidates.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2021
|Tier I||Objective||Online mode|
|Tier II||Descriptive||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier III||Skill /Typing Test||Data entry|
SSC CHSL Tier I & Tier II are objective type and descriptive type papers respectively but tier III is the Computer based skill/typing test and it is conducted only for Data Entry Operator (DEO) post.
SSC CHSL exam pattern 2021 for tier I, II & III given below. Candidates can start preparation with this official SSC CHSL exam pattern & syllabus to easily clear the exam.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2021 for Tier I
|I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||1 hour|
- Each section will have 25 questions with the maximum marks of 50.
- There will be a total of 4 sections in the SSC CHSL (tier 1) exam with 100 objective type questions for 100 marks.
- Every single question equally carries 2 marks.
- SSC CHSL tier 1 exam has negative marking for wrong answers, for every incorrect answer about 0.5 marks to be deducted from the final score.
- It is a qualifying in nature, it means, after qualifying this exam, the candidate will be allowed to sit for the tier 2 exam.
- The entire SSC CHSL tier 1 exam is bilingual that available in both the English and Hindi languages, except for the English section.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2021 for Tier II
- The SSC CHSL Tier II exam is a descriptive type exam which will test the writing abilities of the person.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 33%
- Candidates can opt this paper by selecting either English or Hindi language.
- It has 100 marks with maximum time duration of 1 hour.
- The candidates require to write an essay (200-250 words) on given topic and Letter/Application writing (150-200 words)
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2021 for Tier III
- SSC CHSL tier III is a skill/typing test and it is qualifying in nature.
- Candidate who qualify for Tier I and Tier II exam can appear for the posts like Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, LDC.
SSC CHSL Syllabus and Exam Pattern – FAQ
Is there negative marking in SSC CHSL exam?
Yes, there is negative marking as penalty of one-half marks for each wrong answer in the SSC CHSL tier 1 exam. However, there are no negative marks in tier 2 and tier 3 exams.
Are SSC CHSL tier 3 marks consider for the final selection?
No, the marks scored in the SSC CHSL tier 3 exam of skill/typing test will not be considered for the final selection.
Which posts are offered through SSC CHSL exam?
SSC CHSL exam is conducted for recruitment to Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA), Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC), Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) and Data Entry Operator (DEO) posts.
(LDC) and Court Clerk.
Is there sectional cut off in SSC CHSL exam?
No, only overall cut off marks will be consider to select the candidates in each stage.